Knauf UK & Ireland are a market-leading manufacturer of lightweight building materials for the construction industry. We are part of the Knauf Group, the world’s largest producer of gypsum-based products for the construction industry.
With two manufacturing plants in the UK and a state of the art Showroom based in the heart of the A&D Community in Clerkenwell, London – we are well equipped to Build for the World We Live In.
We are currently recruiting for a Shift Electrician to join our Engineering team in the Immingham plant.
You are expected to provide electrical expertise on shift to maximise availability of the plant through effective preventative maintenance and a quick reactive response to breakdowns. You will support the manufacturing team through providing a good customer service that includes assisting with breakdowns, quality issues, technical improvements, the daily operations of the production plant, supporting the Shift Manager while also assisting the Shift Fitter when required to. While providing this support you will also be required to input the relevant data in to our SAP system along with providing a clear and accurate shift handover to your colleagues.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
* To follow company Health and Safety procedures to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
* To continually be aware of, and implement current H&S standards and environmental policy.
* Always put safety first, and if you are unsure of anything, you are required to seek advice and clarification before proceeding.
* Provide breakdown assistance as and when required.
* Monitor machine failures and make changes or recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
* Develop and carry out preventative maintenance schedules.
* Prepare work for maintenance periods, including sourcing parts and equipment.
* Identify ways in which the process can be improved by additions and modifications.
* After appropriate training keep accurate records of work carried out on SAP.
* When arriving and leaving shift to give or receive a full and detailed handover.
* Attend and participate in the daily maintenance morning meeting when appropriate.
* Develop a good working relationship with colleagues.
* Participate and be proactive in projects and process improvements, taking a lead on identifying improvements and playing a key role in implementing any resultant changes.
* Be responsible for your own personal development.
* Operate clean-as-you-go standards in line with the 5S methodology, ‘A place for everything & everything in its place’ to ensure overall efficiency in the workplace.
* Completed electrical biased apprenticeship with proven problem evaluation and resolving skills.
* Proficiency in standard workshop machinery and equipment.
* Technical competence and ability to manage production improvements in a continuous process environment.
* Knowledge of electrical power and control
* Knowledge of PLC control systems.
* Knowledge of production, engineering or process controls including manufacturing techniques & standards.
* Knowledge of safe systems of work and procedures and an excellent regard for health and safety.
* Experience of working with CMMS systems
* Levelheaded under pressure.
* HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering.
* BS7671 IEE 18th Edition
* Siemens S7/S5 experience
* Experience with CMMS systems (Ideally SAP)
* Multi-skilled competence/qualification.
* Understanding of six sigma methodology.
We categorically do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies; any profiles that are sent to Knauf UK & Ireland without the agency being appointed prior will be treated as a gift from the agency. Knauf UK & Ireland will not be liable to any agency fees should we engage with any of the talent sent speculatively by a third party.
Knauf UK & Ireland outsource pre-employment checks; please be advised that should the business extend an offer of employment, you will need to engage and cooperate with a 3rd party in order to provide information pertaining to pre-employment checks which include, but is not limited to; Employment Reference Checks, a Social Media background check, a Basic Criminal Disclosure check, a Highest Education check, and a Professional Qualification/Membership check