A Service Technician is required for a hugely successful supplier of electronic equipment here in the UK. With over 50 years of trading within a niche market of electronics to all forms of industry, they stand out head and shoulders above their competition by offering both product solutions and aftersales support.
Their machinery and equipment are both recognized and highly regarded as the best in the industry, with showrooms as well as on site customer demonstrations and OEM level training. With a full team of support from both office and the field, customer satisfaction is paramount.
Benefits include a starting salary of £35 – £40K depending on experience, company car fully expensed, 28 days holiday company pension, credit card for expenses, and lots of product training on offer.
As a service technician, you’ll be responsible for –
– Travelling to customers to carry out installation, repairs and servicing of electronic machinery
– Full servicing of products which includes strip down and cleaning, testing, calibrating
– Carrying out minor and major repairs, replacing worn parts as necessary
– Providing on site customer support, demonstrations and product training
– Workshop repairs, pre delivery inspections, and issuing of job sheets for weekly activities
– Ordering of spares and replacement parts from the office as needed
– Overnight stays in hotels occasionally, with an overnight allowance and meal allowances paid for
– Ensure all tools, equipment, devices and company property are maintained and looked after
To be successful as a service technician, you will have –
– Previous experience as a field service engineer or technician, repairing of electronic products or machinery
– Hold a recognized qualification in electronics engineering or equivalent
– Able to use field equipment such as multimeters, testing devices, oscilloscopes etc
– Flexibility towards especially in the south west / south coast of the UK, as well as overnight stays in hotels when required
– Clean UK Drivers License
This is a great opportunity to join a well established service team, within a corporate business that still has a family feel to how they treat and grow their staff. There will be extensive training on offer during the first 6 months in order to become fully skilled in all areas of calibration, service and repair of the electronic machines.
ASC Connections Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQzMjE3OTU2Ny18LTE0NS18LTcw