Senior Technical Engineer
Monday – Friday
Full-Time – 37 hours/week
Our clients company is looking to appoint a Senior Technical Engineer to enhance an already strong and competent team with varying specialisms.
The company markets a wide range of PDH, SDH, Ethernet/IP, MPLS, GPON, DWDM, Cellular
and Wireless, LTE-based networking equipment. We provide and manage a variety of SNMP
based network management systems that run on Linux and Windows servers.
* Must have a good understanding of these technologies with specialist knowledge in both IP networking and cellular functionality.
We are looking for a positive, hardworking candidate who is willing to learn new technologies and equipment and keep on top of modern communication technologies as the telecommunication industry evolves. The company has a reputation for integrity and strong technical capability, the applicant will need to be a team player who can contribute ideas and apply good fault resolution methodology in an open environment.
This person must also be capable of applying this knowledge both on-site with customers and in-house.
Ideally, the applicant should be educated to HNC level or above in a telecommunications field and must be eligible for UKSC & NPPV3 clearances.
We provide 24/7 support to our customers so the ability to participate in a “week on – 3
weeks off” out of hours rota is essential. This will take the form of phone and email support and the occasional site visit if and when required.
The company is offering an attractive salary for the right person, this will be very dependent on previous experience and their levels of knowledge.
Key Technical Skills:
* Specialist knowledge in IP and Cellular.
* Familiar with a range of test equipment such as optical power meters & light sources,
BERT’s, cellular scanners and multi-meters.
* Able to conduct testing and produce full comprehensive test documentation /
* Experienced in fault finding methodology.
* The ability to manage fault tickets process from beginning to end.
* Ability to administer and run small turn key projects.
* Experience with remote management platforms.
Key Supporting Skills:
* Excellent communication skills both verbally and written, internally and externally.
* Comfortable engaging with both customers and suppliers on technical and project
* Experience using Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Ability to work as part of team or autonomously using their own initiative.
* The ability to train other members of the team and customers.
* Ability to transfer existing skills, technically, process wise and by experience.
* Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
* Available to carry out field activities as when the business requires.
* A good work ethic that shows pride for their work.
* Willingness to learn.
* Held or previously held any telecommunications-related courses/qualifications with
regards to theory, installations, testing, commissioning, power & H&S.
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQzMDc3NjIwMC18LTE0NS18LTcw