Senior Research Scientist
CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Research Scientist to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Cambridge on a contract basis for 12 months.
£22-£25 per hour PAYE / £30 UMB
Senior Research Scientist Role:
• Lab-based scientist, delivering expertise in immunology cellular screening, working in partnership with colleagues across the company to build screening capabilities and deliver target ID screens.
• Generate quantitative data to identify and prioritise biological pathways for target validation.
• Maintain awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to continuous improvement of techniques and processes.
• Represent the department and achieve scientific visibility through project contributions and presentations at internal meetings, as well as external collaborations, conference presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
• Ph.D in Biology, Molecular or Cell biology, Immunology or related discipline, or a BSc/MSc
• Highly proficient in mammalian cell biology techniques including the isolation and culture of primary immune cells.
• Knowledge and experience in the development and execution of immune cell assays, ideally in miniaturised plate based formats and using high content/FACs based endpoints.
• Excellent teamworking, communication and networking skills with experience of interacting effectively across discipline/culture/expertise.
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a major presence in the UK. Their purpose is to deliver life-changing medicines and to do this they are completely science-led and like to share this with the scientific, healthcare and business communities within the UK.
This Senior Research Scientist role will be based at our clients site in Cambridge.
For more information, or to apply for this Senior Research Scientist position please contact the Key Accounts Team on (phone number removed) or email (url removed). Please quote reference 52695.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK