Our client is a well established engineering consultancy, with over 40 years of experience in providing bespoke solutions, from concept through to commissioning, in a multitude of sectors.
Are you a experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer looking for a new challenge?
Our client is opening a regional office on Teesside and you will play an integral part in its success! Open to the challenge?
Please read on…
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will have the skills and experience to be able to:
- Ensure on time delivery of “Right First Time” compliant designs.
- Be a Technical Signatory for checking various engineering deliverables.
- Design a wide range of bespoke products ensuring compliance with client specifications, legislative requirements, quality and HSE standards.
- Work independently or as part of a team to develop new or existing products that meet the mechanical technical requirements of form, fit and function.
- Provide a professional mechanical engineering service to the business and so interface with customers and suppliers to ensure activities are completed to meet or improve program, cost and quality expectations.
- Provide a point of contact for support and advice to other members of the design team and across the company as a whole
- Ensure work is completed efficiently to project timescales and to acceptable standards
- Promote value engineering activity and cost reduction at all levels.
- Support development of Engineering methods and capability.
- Offer innovative solutions to difficult problems.
- Provide the technical input for engineering purchase specifications
- To generate technical reports, calculations and design schemes
- Check and approve design schemes, customer calculations, subcontract technical submissions.
- Maintain job records in accordance with company norms and practices
- Provide technical advice in resolving customer enquiries
- Support creation of engineering design guides, rules and tools to support business needs and continual business improvement
- Design overall product architecture, subassemblies and/or components to meet specification and cost targets. Also, analyse, document and verify design
- Provide checking (as a technical signatory delegate) for engineering deliverables
- Interpret and implement engineering specifications and standards to ensure compliance
- Preparation of engineering calculations over a number of disciplines in support of detail design schemes
- Perform concept and detail design work applying acoustic, dynamic, mechanical, and thermo-fluid principles to generate optimum customer solutions
- Carry out and take responsibility for site survey activities
The ideal skills and experience of a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer would be:
- Mechanical Engineering degree qualified.
- IMechE corporate membership (Desirable)
- Experience in a responsible mechanical engineering position
- Understanding of mechanical engineering principles
- Good understanding of fabrication design details
What’s in it for you?
Our client is growing and is opening a office on Teesside, therefore you will have stable employment with the challenge of helping the business establish its regional office. You will also be offered excellent company benefits which include: Competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, 6% pension contribution matched from employer and hybrid working (3 days from home 2 days in the office each week).
For more information on this vacancy or to discuss your wider job search, please call Scott Webb directly on 01642 044760.
This vacancy is being advertised by Teespro Recruitment Ltd, our services are that of an Employment Agency & Business.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQyNDM3NDg3NC18LTE0NS18LTcw