December 15, 2023
Klohn Crippen Berger is looking for a Geotechnical/ Civil Engineer with at least 10 years of relevant work experience to join our expanding team in York, England and work on a range of projects typically related to design and assessment of water and tailings dams.
You will have the opportunity to work with an internationally recognized team on a diverse range of projects such as mine infrastructure and tailings facility designs from permitting through to closure, hydro-electric and water storage dam designs and assessments, geohazard assessments, transportation engineering, seismic assessments, and much more.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work on our large dam project portfolio, designing practical solutions for challenging conditions. Candidates must have a background in geotechnical design, with a focus on dams, embankments and slopes.
- Make practical solutions based on detailed assessments and analysis and be able to explain your solutions to clients who have to build your designs.
- Manage and lead projects including the development, review and approvals of technical specifications, drawings and design reports and tender packages for major tailing dams, mine waste facilities, containment facilities and mine infrastructure projects.
- Provide input and prepare conceptual detailed engineering designs, engineering studies, feasibility studies and condition assessments.
- Work closely with clients from concept design through to construction, commissioning and operational stages of the project lifecycle.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and work continually to develop business.
- Work in a wonderful small company culture.
- Travel within the UK and to various international project locations.
If you are registered or eligible to register as a Chartered Engineer in the UK, have a Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Civil and/or Geotechnical Engineering/Soil Mechanics and a minimum of 10 years experience and strong desire to broaden your engineering and project management skills, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Strong background in soil mechanics proficiency with field and laboratory testing methods.
- Experience with mine tailings facility design, geotechnical numerical modeling, critical state theory and/or seismic hazard analysis.
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, decision-making and coaching skills, especially your ability to train and mentor young professionals.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including your experience in writing proposals, technical reports and general project correspondence.
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and our project teams.
- Strong business acumen and your ability to develop and grow relationships with a variety of clients.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills, with demonstrated report writing skills.
- Ability to communicate with clients, senior management and peers.
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, water resources, transportation, and oil and gas sectors from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil, the US and the UK.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 150-A23 .
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQ5MDMxMDY3My18LTE0NS18LTIyMQ==