Supporting a UK-wide network of over 6,000 local, expert technology providers, Giacom makes it really simple for technology resellers and MSPs to access everything they need to create brilliant technology solutions for UK businesses.
Giacom’s market-leading platform, Cloud Market, provides one place where partners can procure and manage comms, cloud, hardware and IT products and services, from the world’s leading vendors and service providers.
Our comprehensive portfolio of technology products and services gives our partners the competitive advantage to build bigger and more successful businesses by providing their customers with the best solutions and customer experience possible.
At our core, we value diversity and inclusivity, creating an environment that empowers our team members to be their whole, authentic selves, every day. We believe that by embracing different perspectives and backgrounds, we can truly make a difference and shape a better future.
Are you ready to join us in our mission to supercharge UK business growth through the transformative power of technology enablement? Join us in fulfilling this mission and making a meaningful difference!
- Department: IT Services
- Team: Security Blue Team
- Salary: up to £36,000 + Comprehensive benefits package
- Location: Hessle, Hybrid
The Security team is an integral part of the IT Services department and the wider group, responsible for all aspects of security across server, network, and end-user devices. It is a multi-disciplined team that works closely with the other teams in the IT Services department as well as stakeholders across the wider business.
Forming a core part of the Security team this is a hands-on role offering the successful candidate the opportunity to hone their skills further whilst working on a developing security stack over enterprise grade software and hardware. This role also acts as an escalation point for the Level 1 SOC Analyst and will work closely with the SIEM Administrator
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Responsible for the monitoring and improvement of security tooling
- Act as an escalation point for the L1 SOC analyst for security incidents sourced from both SIEM and ITSM solutions. Decide the scope and threat of the escalations and manage them appropriately and to completion.
- Accountable for proactively managing and prioritising ticket queue and ensuring that all incidents and requests are accurately logged and updated in accordance with our SLA’s and procedures within our ITSM system.
- Identify more complex indicators of compromise, by analysis of patterns and trends in alert and log data.
- Work on projects as assigned.
- Improve our security documentation with Knowledgebase articles.
- Work with the SIEM administrator to improve our playbooks, automated responses, and dashboards.
- Participate in Security meetings as required.
- Work on projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience in an IT Security/SOC role
- A strong technical knowledge of server, endpoint, and networking hardware and related security configurations and their common IOC’s
- Experience with a coding language such as Python, PowerShell
- Experience with working on SIEM solutions, such as SPLUNK, Azure Sentinel, LogRhythm
- Experience with log analysis
- Experience with incident response
- Experience with IDS/IPS solutions
- Experience with EDR and EPP Solutions
- Experience with cloud environments both Azure and AWS
- Experience in managing security incidents.
- Experience working in an enterprise environment.
- Strong communication skills
- Any relevant Security Certifications are desirable, especially Sec+ and CYSA+
At Giacom, we champion authenticity and individuality. Say goodbye to rigid dress codes and embrace the freedom to be yourself. Our work environment encourages and celebrates your unique qualities, providing a space where you can truly thrive.
Diversity and equality lie at the heart of our values. As an equal opportunities and disability-confident employer, we encourage applications from all eligible candidates, regardless of their backgrounds. We firmly believe that diversity enriches and strengthens our team with a variety of perspectives that drives innovation.
If our advert has sparked your interest in joining the Giacom team, and you’re still contemplating whether it’s the perfect fit for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We would be delighted to hear from you and have a conversation about all the exciting opportunities we have to offer. Your exploration of possibilities starts with a simple connection, and we welcome the opportunity to connect with you.
And what about the Giacom benefits…?
Working with Giacom offers a multitude of perks designed with you in mind. From a generous 25 days of holidays, to a comprehensive pension plan, we’ve got you covered. And to make your celebrations extra special, you’ll enjoy an additional day off around your birthday.
Your well-being and engagement matter to us, which is why we have a dedicated team committed to ensuring your satisfaction at work. We’re here to provide the support and empowerment you need, every step of the way.
Recognition is vital to us, and we believe in acknowledging your hard work and achievements. That’s why we regularly organise team and industry events to celebrate your successes and foster a sense of camaraderie among our team members.
Our Employee Assistance Programme will also help you to maintain your well-being, providing support when you need it most. Professional development opportunities are readily available to help you achieve your personal goals, and we even offer eye care vouchers and discounted Medicash membership to assist with your well-being.
So, if you’re looking for a rewarding career with a market leader that values you and provides a range of incredible benefits, look no further. Join us at Giacom and embark on a journey of both personal and professional growth. Take the first step by applying today and discover the exciting opportunities that await you.
For more information on our Recruitment privacy notice, please follow this link and select option 8 to view – https://giacom.com/help/privacy-and-cookies-policy
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQ4NTIxNDE3OC18LTE0NS18LTcw