Retail Travel Consultant – Bury St Edmunds
As the Travel Industry recovers, you'll want to work for a financially secure, well-established, Travel Agency that is big enough to offer a career and small enough to care and treat it's employees individually. We are recruiting a Travel Consultant for this established family run Travel Company, with a strong presence in the East of England. Offering a competitive basic (negotiable dependent on experience) plus realistic and uncapped commission of £3k to £6k on top! This is for their Bury St Edmunds branch. Full time and part-time applications considered (3 days min).
– Booking a wide range of UK, European, Worldwide Holidays and ancillary products, selling face-to-face primarily but also taking phone and email enquiries
– Have a personable approach that keeps the local clientele coming back to you for repeat bookings
– Working within an team and to monthly targets to earn commission
– As an independent you have your in-house tour operator to sell and can promote a range of other options to your clientele
– Working on a 5 day rota between Monday – Saturday: 9am – 5:30pm (Closed Sunday's and Bank Holidays)
We are seeking a Travel Consultant with at least a year's experience in a Travel Agency. We are open to Travel Advisors that are both currently working in travel and to those that may have left; now is definitely the time to return. Consideration will also be given to candidates who are keen to move into a Travel Consultant role from a different sector of the Travel Industry; for example if you have worked as cabin crew, passenger service agent, holiday resort representative or are a recent graduate in Travel & Tourism.
THE PACKAGE: The salary is highly competitive, dependent on experience, plus bonuses with an OTE of circa £24,000 (full time equivalent) They're now very busy with enquiries and forward business well up on 2020/2021. In addition they offer a staff travel rates, family & friends holiday discounts, overseas educationals, Pension scheme and social events; this is a friendly working environment! With such a big presence in the area, there are great long term career options. Whilst this is ideally full time, candidates seeking 3 days a week will also be considered.
Please follow the instructions to apply, attaching your CV. For any further enquiries please contact Claire on (phone number removed) or (url removed)