Reliability Engineering Manager
Salary : £55k – £60k
Food/FMCG background required
Based : Kirkham
The search is on for a reliability engineering manager who gets their kicks from understanding kit and having an obsession for CI, machine performance and leads a team who spend all day every day talking plant, systems equipment and their driver is keeping it all running smoothly. You understand fast paced manufacturing and how essential this role is to maximise production on site.
Other highlights for this role:
- Good training opportunities attract talent to this site so a strong engineering team.
- The opportunity for progression is realistic due to succession planning and the wider business opportunities.
- Senior points of contact with extensive engineering experience for coaching and mentoring on hand.
- Free canteen and free parking.
- Strong pension package for those wanting to save for the future.
The main attribute we are looking for here is passion. It’s an over used word in adverts but without that, there won’t be the buy in from the team. They are a great bunch who really care about the factory so the person leading them needs to have that same level of interest and drive.
What else is involved in the role:
- You will take the led role in owning asset reliability across the site focusing on best practices, looking at the most optimum ways of working for the team.
- Being the authority on site for asset performance and reliability.
- Owing the improvement plans and generating asset performance and maintenance reports.
- Establishing the most effect PPM schedules ensuring all compliance targets are met.
- Being approachable with the correct leadership to set the right standards and encourage engagement from the engineering team.
- Continuous Improvement is in everything you do – every process, plan or meeting will have CI at its core.
- As always, working across all the departments again, pulling in to that ‘one team’ approach.
· Time served apprentice or NVQ Level 3 equivalent.
· Working knowledge of CMMS is essential for this role.
· Proven successful management experience – who have you developed, how do teams develop trust and respect in you?
· Tried and tested experience in fast paced engineering departments in food or FMCG manufacturing environments.
· Evidence that overall production has improved because of your input into engineering.
· You work with reliability engineering methodologies and can communicate that effectively to your team.
· Data analysis and the relevant tools and techniques are in your tool kit.
· You are a good communicator and have a structured and motivational style in leadership and team development.
There is more to discuss on this role and other vacancies in engineering we may not have advertised, for more information send your cv to start the process.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQ4NTIxMzk3OC18LTE0NS18LTcw