We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team at our Maidstone office. The desired candidate should have a proven background of delivering building and refurbishment projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of fully compliant schedule of rates based bills of quantities for quoted works, providing commercial and contractual administration of numerous projects, including identifying opportunities offering best value to the customer, maximising profitability, and limiting commercial risk.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will work closely with site management teams to ensure contract objectives and margins are met.
* Management of the commercial element of the project within the commercial objectives of the business on designated project(s).
* Preparation of interim and final accounts.
* Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts, communicating effectively to minimise risk and disputes.
* Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner.
* Prepare Compensation Events/variations to ensure the project maximises its commercial return.
* Contractual correspondence with both Clients and Subcontractors.
* Commercial reporting and cost forecasting both internally and externally.
* Procurement of professional service for design and other consultants, as necessary.
* Develop strong customer relationships with key clients and Consultants.
* Promote inter-departmental teamwork in the strongest possible manner with appropriate behaviours.
* Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation and commercial risk.
* Ensure timely cash flow management for the Client and the group collecting all contract cash on time
* Proven experience with PSA Schedule of Rates
* Working knowledge of NEC3 and JCT forms of Contract.
* Ability to undertake site measures when required.
* Ability to work independently and produce clear and accurate work under pressure and tight timescales.
* Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and organisation skills.
* Computer literate, with a good understanding of excel.
This role will require a DBS Check and appropriate security clearance to be obtained
No Agencies Please