Matchtech are excited to be working alongside EKFB on the HS2 project, and as result we have several opportunities for proven Assurance (Quality) Engineers.
The four locations EKFB have requirements from are:-
The primary focus of this role is to ensure that quality is embedded and embraced by the Construction Delivery teams, in order that all relevant quality and assurance records are collated and retained. In addition, the role will include conducting internal audits and providing awareness sessions to promote quality and assurance on the project.
Reporting to the Senior Quality & Completions Engineer, you will work in a small team for your sector, to implement the quality and completions strategy throughout the construction phase and to completion (or handover). You will work with up to either other Assurance Engineers across the entire project.
You will need to understand and implement quality, technical assurance and completions requirements, working closely with the construction delivery teams to balance these against programme constraints and effective methods of delivery. We’d also like you to support the delivery of all section related, construction phase quality, assurance and completions related activities to ensure the timely handover of project assets.
Developing and utilising relationships with client representatives and internal stakeholders to deliver all construction related aspects of quality and assurance. You’ll be required to use relevant IT systems to manage all relevant quality and completions documentation and records.
Working collaboratively with the delivery teams to plan for product realisation through inspection and Test plans, Work Package plans, etc. Delivering awareness sessions as part of a wider programme to non-quality professionals. Communicate the benefits and knowledge of the Business Management System.
You’ll need to carry out internal audits and other quality surveillance activities as required and actively support the Senior Quality & Completions Engineer.
About The Candidate
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Competent Quality and/or Handover (Completions) Engineer with proven experience in successfully implementing quality control and assurance requirements and interventions (preferably in the construction or other regulated sector).
* Very good knowledge and practical application of quality control, quality assurance or handover best practice strategies and interventions.
* Experience of using digital systems to support quality and completions record keeping for projects.
* Flexible approach to managing, prioritising and delivering to deadlines in a demanding environment
* Good organisational and written/verbal communication skills