Purchasing Director / Head of Purchasing | £70,000 + Car + Benefits
Our client has significant growth plans for 2021, they already have a track record in developing and investing in their people, infrastructure and systems. They are now looking to further support their senior management team with the recruitment of a Purchasing Director / Head of Purchasing. This position requires you to have operated at Purchasing Director / Head of Purchasing level within a heavy industrial manufacturing business, where ultimately you have been responsible for all purchasing / procurement activities across the business / or a group, including direct and indirect purchasing.
Requirements for the Purchasing Director / Head of Purchasing position:
* Experience at a senior management / board level, running a team of buyers sourcing commodities steel / aluminium from UK, EU China and Far East.
* Formulate business wide / group purchasing strategies and effective delivery cost savings
* Proven experience of implementing cost effective sourcing strategies across multisite or group businesses
* Results orientated, committed to manage and deliver purchasing goals for the business
* Leadership and development of purchasing team
* Proven experience of the implementation of robust Supply Chain, mitigating supply risks
* Prior experience of providing management data / analysis to determine risks/ opportunities, in support of structuring action plans to improve KPIs and remove risk.
* Strong systems background
* CIPS qualified
* Define and implement purchasing/ supply chain strategy that achieves the business performance goals
* Define a strategic sourcing strategy to support the business needs for the long term
* Maintain, create and improve supplier relationships, including current supplier review
* Responsible for terms & conditions of supplier contracts
* Responsible for management of buying / purchasing team, including performance reviews and CDP
* Ensure the quality of suppliers / commodities meet the businesses requirements and expectations
* Presentation of KPI’s / reporting at board meetings, attend monthly board meetings
This position would suit a Group Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Director, Head of Purchasing, Head of Procurement, Procurement Manager, Senior Purchasing Manager, who is used to taking full responsibility for the purchasing department and operating at board level
Car + Bonus + Benefits