Project Engineer (Civils)
Platform Resourcing Limited are currently working in partnership with well established mechanical engineering business, but who have a requirement for a project engineer to join their busy team. The role is place to provide an engineering service to the Sales, Commercial and Project Delivery teams; whilst also providing support and consultancy design for manufacturing details and fabrication challenges.
This role will additional provide support to the Head of Engineering in the delivery Engineering, Business Improvement and New Product Development (NPD) objectives. The role will ideally suit a Civil Engineer with a solid background of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) work and experience in using FEA software packages. Advance experience in Autodesk and Lusus software would be advantageous.
Those applying must have experience within a Design Consultancy Practice, Civil Engineering a Contractor Manufacturer or Steelwork Fabricator
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide technical & engineering input into proposals and projects, including estimates of engineering project timeframes
* Review and deliver to the technical requirements of the contract negotiated by the Commercial teams
* Manage and carry out all pre and post-order engineering requirements based on in-house design rules
* To ensure that all pre and post-order engineering requirements meet the specification of client requirements
* Manage and carry out special parts designs
* Arrange pre and post-order drafting work
* Carry out any requirements for NPD and Business Improvement tasks
* Carrying out or checking designs and conducting product and component testing
* Ensure that all Engineering and NPD activity is completed on time and to budget
* Ensure that all Engineering and NPD activity is completed in a safe and controlled manner
* Attend project technical meetings for tenders
* Some travel throughout the UK and overseas will be required
* Carry out identified Non Conformance Report actions
* Implement any improvements or recommendations arising from Non Conformance Report actions
* Suggest areas for Value Engineering, Product Development and Business Improvement
* To provide a willing transfer of knowledge to others within the Group of Companies
* ICE recognised Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Graduate Member of the ICE or IStructE
Interested? If the answer is yes, please send your CV online immediately.
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your date please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please contact us before applying.
Platform Resourcing Limited are acting as an employment agency and are advertising this role, and unfortunately are not always able to response to all applications although we do endeavor to supply feedback when possible
Benefits + Pension