Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist Engineering & Manufacturing recruitment specialist working closely with our Norwich based client who are a pioneering manufacturer of bespoke products and systems. Due to substantial growth in orders the company have a current opportunity for a Project Engineer to join their team
Main purpose of post:
Project Engineering bridges the boundaries between engineering, project management, technical disciplines, and those who contribute to the building of structures and products. The project engineer has joint responsibility with the Project manager for delivering a project. The project engineer is the primary contact for the client on technical issues.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The role of the project engineer is to act as a liaison between the project manager and the technical disciplines involved in a project. The project engineer is the primary point of contact for the client on both technical and commercial issues.
The key objectives of the appointment are to:-
1) Take responsibility for the day-to-day management and quality assurance of assigned projects, encompassing: –
a) Pre-planning and resource forecasting.
b) Performance management of the supply chain.
c) Management and coordination of site-based activities.
d) Interdisciplinary coordination.
e) Time and cost estimation, Budget formation and adherence.
f) Strong communication and liaison with other stakeholders in order to resource plan and to fulfil all commitments and meet all targets.
h) Regular project performance reporting.
i) Full, comprehensive documentation.
j) Risk identification, analysis and management, including assessment of obsolescence.
2) Deliver the assigned projects on time and to cost.
3) Develop knowledge, which is subsequently embedded within the process and knowledge systems to continuously improve and inform decision making.
4) Assist internal process development, identifying and removing waste / non-value added activities.
5) Ensure full compliance with the Company's Business Assurance Standards in all relevant reporting, documentation, record keeping and procedures.
6) Possess strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills
7) Attend customer sites as required
8) Embrace the Company's digital delivery tools, interrogate and innovate design processes
The successful candidate will be educated to a minimum of HNC level in an engineering discipline as well as having previous professional experience of engineering projects within a technical environment.
* Technical report writing.
* Commercial awareness.
* Health and Safety awareness.
* An excellent working knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
* Excellent IT skills – including, but not limited to, Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Databases.
* CAD skills (2D AutoCad,3D Autodesk Inventor or equivalent
* Mechanical skills and understanding.
* Knowledge of electrical design, wiring regulations and Machinery Directive