Project Design Engineer
Project Design Engineer (Automotive)
My client is the world's leading manufacturer of performance fluid transfer systems. They operate in the OEM, automotive, motorcycle, motorsport, defense and specialist industrial sectors. This dynamic private company manufactures in ten facilities globally and supplies customers around the world with a unique combination of design, innovation, reliability and outstanding service. My client has a turnover of over £47m and operates globally with manufacturing and distribution operations in the UK, USA, Mexico and Europe, employing more than 400 people worldwide.
Design Engineer in a Global Automotive, Manufacturer of Performance & Motorsports Fluid Transfer systems and associated products.
* Design of new & existing products, producing both 2D drawings/3D models for parts & assemblies
* Working with customer Engineering teams to design and develop fluid transfer systems
* Work closely with Manufacturing & Production teams to ensure products & processes are designed for manufacture.
* Educated to HND level or above in Engineering discipline
* Fully trained in Solidworks.
* Working knowledge of CATIA
* Working in a customer facing design role would be a distinct advantage
* A minimum of 5-7 years' experience in a Design role within an automotive component manufacturing company
* Knowledge of Fluid Transfer systems would be a distinct advantage.
* Excellent communication both written and verbal.
* Able to work effectively in a team ensuring that the best outcome for the company is achieved.
* The ability to manage multiple projects at once & deliver them on time.
* Jig/Fixture & SPM Design Knowledge.
* A working knowledge of IATF 16949.
* Have a keen attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
* Demonstrate a clear analytical approach and a methodical work process.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be considered for this position, please contact Rob Massey at Vantage Consulting on (phone number removed) or email