Robert half is recruiting for a Project Accountant to join an exciting unique business based in South Birmingham. You will be joining a rapidly growing enterprise that will contuine to evolve and allow your career to grow within.
Significant role in establishing monthly Cost Control Reports by running systems for collecting, analysing, verifying, and reporting financial performance.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
Prepares budget with site management.
Ensures adequate analytical coding of all recorded expenses,
On a weekly basis review labor and plant reports
On a monthly basis:
– Collects main quantities and monitor inventory management
– Ensures with Financial Department all costs and accruals are recorded during the month closing,
– Participates to the monthly cost report issurance with the preparation of the Cost Value Reconciliation Report (CVR)
– Conducts analysis between earned value and real expenses
– Conducts analysis on CVR variances: Self-Delivery Analysis (outputs, manhours, rates, quantities, machine efficiencies) and Subcontracted works (coordinates with QS adequate analysis of the main changes (quantities, rates, CEs)
– Prepares end of site trend/Rolling Forecast
Maintains monitoring systems for all cost indicators, targets and standards Management & Performances requested,
Prepares Ad hoc analysis of costs, scenarios, efficiencies, if & when requested
Alerts management on budget variations and proposes improvement axis & actions plans to prevent recurring variations
Alert management for all irregularities detected
Relevant experience gained within a contracting/projects environment is preferable but not essential, ideally as a Project Cost Accountant or Project Cost Controller.
Excellent knowledge of cost accounting, budgeting and forecasting.
Advanced Excel and analytical skills.
They will be a self-starter, highly motivated, energetic and dedicated, with a strong track record of promotion in the organisations that they have worked in.
- £40,000 – £50,000
- Company car / Allowance
- 40 hours, (9-3 core hours)
- Hybrid – 3/2
- 26 days annual leave plus 8 bank
- Pension match
- Life assurance
- Death in service
- Private medical
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Rates of pay and salary ranges are dependent upon your experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data: legal-information/privacy-notice.
Security alert: scammers are currently targeting jobseekers. Robert Half do not ask candidates for a fee or request candidates to send applications through instant messaging services such as WhatsApp or Telegram. Learn how to protect yourself by visiting our website: fraud-alert
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQxMzE1NjEyNi18LTE0NS18LTU=