We are seeking a production operative for our client based in Diss. This role is offered as a full-time, permanent role, working a 37.5 hour week, 07:30 – 15:30 Monday – Friday. We are seeking a candidate who ideally has some previous experience of working in a similar manufacturing environment, however a great attitude and willingness to learn will also go a long way.
Technical experts in the Design, Development, and manufacture of Architectural Glass Rooflights for both residential and commercial buildings. The company has grown from strength to strength and has a presence in the UK. Europe and the USA.
This position offers an opportunity join a busy company in a clean and spacious work environment. The role is to join a team who produce finished roof lights to company schedules and drawings. Maintaining excellent housekeeping and following ISO (Apply online only) quality policy.
Reporting to the Factory Supervisor, this role includes the following duties and responsibilities:
* Operate production machinery to create parts and sub-assemblies for final assembly into roof lights
* Ensure machinery is in a safe working order
* Undertake machine maintenance according to schedule
* Quality Assessment as work is processed to ensure that parts are within company defined tolerances
* Make recommendations for improvement in process or products as appropriate
* Ensure work area is tidy and organised
* Store products and components in such a way as not to lead to damage or defects or a safety hazard
Required Skills and Experience
* Ideally previous experience in a similar role
* Ability to understand engineering drawings
* General engineering skills and abilities
* A solid understanding of H&S procedures & practice
* Able to operate various machinery and hand tools
* Excellent time management skills
* Able to work in a target driven environment
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV today. For more information about the roles, please give Gemma a call on (phone number removed).
How we treat your application
Due to the high volume of CVs, we receive daily unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via email to request specific feedback on your application.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East), as well as Instagram (@horizonsearchandselection) to hear about all of our latest jobs as well as company and industry company news