Production Control Manager
Smart Turn is an established CNC sub contract manufacturer, supplying machine components to the valve, (oil & gas), fastener and automotive industries. Due to demanding growth we now have an immediate vacancy for a Production Control Manager.
The ideal candidate will have solid relevant experience to carry out the responsibilities as follows:
• Management of daily production and operational activity, ensuring effective use of staff and machinery.
• Ensuring production objectives are achieved, with regard to quality, timescale and financial
• Development of production, stores and quality personnel through monitoring, appraisal and training
• Optimising production capacity, investigating and controlling back orders and shortages
• Prioritising and assigns works orders, working closely with production and customers
• Effective cost control, continuous improvement and maintaining ISO 9002 accreditation and practices
The above responsibilities are not exhaustive and may vary. The Production Control Manager will undertake other duties relevant to the nature, level and scope of the position.
To be successful in the role you will have the following skills and experience:
• Proven record of managing direct labour
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Experienced, well-organised and methodical approach to work
• Good budgetary control and cost-cutting record
• To have an appreciation of the importance of accuracy and attention to detail
• Demonstrates a high standard of punctuality, attendance and work ethic
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn and have a “hands-on” approach. Full training and support will be given
In return you will receive a competitive salary circa £28k dependant on experience, 29 days holiday including Bank Holidays and additional benefits. Your working hours will be Monday to Thursday 08.30-17.00, Friday 08.30-15.30