Brodies LLP is the largest law firm headquartered in Scotland measured by income, directory rankings, and lawyer numbers. With more than 700 people working across Aberdeen, Dingwall, Edinburgh, and Glasgow, we combine the individual expertise of our colleagues, from all areas of our business, so that we can deliver Enlightened Thinking – new knowledge and new legal possibilities that are uniquely suited to each of our clients in Scotland, the UK and internationally.
Location for this role is flexible as the candidate will be able to work remotely however presence will be required in our offices on occasion.
This newly created role seeks to establish and develop specific products and services within Brodies practice areas that support client demands and the growth of the business. The role holder will be expected to use empathy, design thinking and problem-solving skills to help practice area colleagues and the technology team to deliver innovative solutions in conjunction with the business. This role will involve working both independently and alongside colleagues from across the firm and in consultation with key stakeholders within the firm.
Location for this role is flexible however presence will be required in our offices on occasion.
* Work with key stakeholders to identify and analyse improvements and translate requirements into solutions
* Develop productive working relationships with IT colleagues and key stakeholders and act as the intermediary between different functions in relation to product and service development
* Create realistic and appropriately detailed documentation of product requirements that can be clearly understood by the business. Populate the backlog with user stories that can be used by the Development Team to build the correct solution."
* Get to know the business, anticipate and solve emerging problems, and ensure progress towards delivery remains on track and within budget
* Ensure project plans and progress towards delivery are documented appropriately; communicate this where necessary with stakeholders
* Be accountable for each stage of the development process and the final product. Ensure appropriate user acceptance testing is undertaken and be comfortable in deciding when to move forward and when to revisit any stage or task to get the best outcome
* Develop and deliver training and support to encourage adoption and ensure that all colleagues are upskilled and able to effectively use the product to benefit the firm
* Work with the Software Solutions Manager and other Product Owners to prioritise the backlog and manage resources across the project pipeline
* Be aware of Brodies’ information security policies, and protect information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference at all times.
* To be successful in this role, you will be comfortable collaborating with technical and non-technical colleagues alike and managing the demands of key stakeholders.
* You will have great communication skills, both written and verbal, and will use them to build relationships with others.
* You will relish the opportunity to effect change and be a keen problem solver with the ability to consider various viewpoints and business needs.
* Previous experience as a Product Owner, Business Analyst or System Analyst is essential.
* Legal or professional services experience is preferred but not essential.
* Able to translate business requirements into solutions
* Project management experience and skills; and associated qualifications if possible
* Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Confident communicator at all levels
* Able to prioritise, manage competing priorities, set backs and changes with ease
* Bringing the ideas of key stakeholders to life, making suggestions and improvements to products
* Experienced in using project management and process visualisation tools is desirable
Brodies is committed to equality, diversity & the creation of an inclusive work environment where no partner, employee, potential employee or job applicant receives less favourable treatment. We value the skills, experience and perspective that a diverse and representative workforce offers us in terms of our ability to deliver top class legal services to our clients