Product Development Manager (12 Month Maternity Cover)
LOCATION: Holly Road site in Skegness, Lincolnshire, with occasional working at other sites and other UK locations (e.g. customers, suppliers, conferences) as and when needed.
JOB TITLE: Product Development Manager (12 Month Maternity Cover)
JOB TYPE: Full Time
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday – 9.00am to 5.00pm (with half an hour unpaid lunch break). Additional hours might be necessary to meet the requirements of the role.
SALARY RANGE: £35,000 – £40,000pa (dependent on skills and experience)
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: Relocation package of up to £2,000, generous yearly bonus (Profit Related Pay), company sick pay
To take responsibility for Micronclean’s Product Development function. To manage the PD team, to oversee and support the implementation, monitoring and reporting of product development and new product development projects.
The successful applicant will report to Innovation Associate Director, who will act as a mentor to support them in the role and to help maximise benefits from the learning and development opportunities that will arise.
Duties to include:
• Support a culture of innovation throughout Micronclean
• Develop and manage the PD and NPD systems to ensure efficient and robust product development projects. Maintain full, accurate and retrievable records of projects and related project management documentation
• Contribute to the R&D pipeline, aiding the Innovation Associate Director to make high level, strategic decisions on PD and NPD projects, helping to strategically steer the development cycle, in line with the businesses purpose
• Prioritise the PD and NPD active projects, in line with the business requirements
• Ensure the maintenance of PD systems and records as specified in company policies and procedures
• Develop relationships with external parties, including customers, suppliers and trade bodies to increase technical knowledge with the primary aim of identifying new product development opportunities
• Develop the project management capabilities of the PD team
• Provide workload management support to the PD team
• Support the Innovation Associate Director in the efficient delivery of the R&D program
• Undertake training as required to enable the necessary PD activities to be carried out
• Coordinate and drive continuous improvement in the PD function.
• Champion the adoption of innovative idea generation, across the business
• Ensure the commercial and operations departments are provided with appropriate technical support.
• Manage PD projects actively and efficiently, including effective communication with interested stakeholders, to ensure the best outcomes for Micronclean’s customers
• Coordination of activities related to the product development programme including the review process, and programme development and implementation
Knowledge and Skills:
• Background technical knowledge, together with business-related or project management training and/or experience, ideally in natural sciences or similar
• Management experience, supporting the fostering of an environment of technical product development, continuous improvement and cooperative working to achieve business goals
• Good IT skills in the use of Microsoft office products
• Excellent knowledge of PD systems
• Full UK/EU driving licence
• Full training will be provided
• Personal drive and self-motivation
• Good leadership skills
• Good time management skills
• Good project management skills
• Fluent spoken and written English
Micronclean is growing and diversifying, and is keen to bring in dynamic, aspiring, capable people to help it achieve its ambitious vision. If the successful candidate excels in the role, at the end of the temporary contract there will be an option for a full-time position in another role at Micronclean. This might involve joining one of Micronclean’s leadership development pathways, or could be a permanent role in functions such as business development, operations, product management, IT or finance, depending on the individual’s strengths and preferences.
Product Development Manager (12 Month Maternity Cover) role – Employment Details
• £35,000 – £40,000pa pay (dependent on skills and experience)
• Possibility to work from home for up to 3 days a week
• Full-time employment, with a possibility for the employment to continue after initial 12 months
• Part of our Product Development team
• 30 days’ annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days for loyalty service.
• Company Sick Pay scheme
• Based at our Head Office in Skegness – Holly Road, Skegness, Lincs, PE25 3AX
• A generous yearly bonus paid every January, to all staff.
Why Work for Micronclean as a Product Development Manager (12 Month Maternity Cover)?
There are many reasons to join the Micronclean family, but here are just a few more:
• Company pension contributions of 5% of salary.
• Various schemes to support employees with their mental health and wellbeing.
• Annual Family Fun Days, fully paid for by the business.
• A growing, family owned, highly successful business, with a history spanning back to the 1920s.
• Highly committed to investing in people and training, with a proven history of opportunities and promotions from within for employees who wish to progress.
• A great culture, represented in our company values known as the SKIEs.
• The knowledge that you are making a difference, playing a role in key supply chains such as the Covid-19 vaccine.
Micronclean is a family-owned business based in Lincolnshire employing over 400 people. The company provides products and services to various industries.
Our current focus areas include rental of specialist work wear to cleanroom industries (pharmaceutical, medical devices, aerospace), and of protective workwear to manufacturing industries (engineering, automotive). The company also manufactures and distributes a range of cleanroom products, which it sells in the UK and exports throughout Europe and further afield, including India, Australia, and Canada.
The company has an ambitious vision for growth both in the UK where we are investing in all our plants and abroad. where our plant in Bangalore, India has recently been commissioned and is supporting the production of Covid-19 vaccines in India.
More information about Micronclean can be found on our website.
You may also have experience in the following: New Product Development Executive, Product Development Executive, Product Development, Product Development Assistant, New Product Development, Project Management, Product Management, etc.
Ref: (phone number removed)