Product Compliance Engineer
Kameo Recruitment is proud to be partnering with a dynamic manufacturing company based in Cambridge, to recruit a Product Compliance Engineer.
Based in the Cambridge development centre and reporting to the Engineering Director, the successful applicant will be involved in safety related issues of the whole lifecycle of product development from concept and prototype stages, through to production and support.
This role requires the promotion of safe machine design and will provide a focal point for machinery related issues across the business.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer’s:
* Assemble files in accordance with UK and international safety standards, maintaining awareness of global safety standards legislation and requirements
* Identify, evaluate, and document risks
* Conduct inspections, measurements, and audits to evaluate effectiveness of hazard control measures
* Determine whether products comply with safety legislation
* Identify available safety devices, control methods, procedures, and strategies for the protection of people and property
* Undertaking functional safety analysis of machines
* Maintain, update, and promote the use of safety standard systems in the design phases of new product developments
* Provide accurate information, regarding regulations that effect or could influence machine design to project managers and designers to ensure designs comply with safety regulations
* Research new safety standards for their relevance to the products and new product development
* Review operator and engineer user manuals from a safety perspective
* Support the continuous improvement of processes and procedures
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer’s:
* Relevant qualification (HNC, HND or degree) in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
* Experienced Product Compliance Engineer with commercial machinery design, product development, manufacturing, and safety standards experience
* Experience of working in a multidisciplined engineering environment and the use of European Directives and UK Regulations, European and British Standards, International and North American Standards including the Machinery, Low Voltage and EMC Regulations/Directives
* Experience of Technical File Construction, conducting of Risk Assessments, Mechanical drawings, Electrical and Pneumatic schematics.
* Experience with SISTEMA and Safexpert
* Knowledge of physical and chemical hazards
* Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001
* Knowledge of low to medium volume manufacturing techniques.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Keywords: Product Compliance Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, machinery design, product development, manufacturing, safety standards, SISTEMA and Safexpert, Cambridge
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice