Brief Role Description:
We are supporting our client who are a successful manufacturer of Safety-Critical Components, in their search for a Procurement Manager to join their expanding team.
Relevant Job Titles:
Purchasing Manager, Buyer, Senior Buyer, Senior Purchasing Manager
As an experienced Procurement Manager, you will take overall responsibility for negotiation and contract management; developing and building strategic supplier relationships; risk management and the identification and resolution of supply chain issues within your category.
* Tracking & reporting key supplier metrics
* Negotiating with external vendors
* Finalizing purchase details of orders and deliveries
* Evaluating the current supply chain status & where appropriate, looking to reduce the number of active vendors
* Managing purchasing with selected large contract manufacturing organisations
* Assessing, managing and mitigating risks to supply chain
* Control expenditure & build a culture within the business of long-term saving on procurement costs
* Developing a clear vision and strategy for the category, and related source plan
* Monitoring the health of dedicated supplier portfolio(s), minimising exposure to supply risks and developing contingency plans for material crises
* Work alongside engineering to understand their technical needs and deliverables, translating them into a viable robust sourcing strategy
* Responsible for end to end sourcing process including market analysis, negotiating, contracting and any other activities associated to contract and supplier management
* Identify, select and grow large scale supply chain partnerships, delivering cost savings against agreed business strategy
* Performance management of strategic suppliers by creating and monitoring service level agreements (SLA) and key performance indicators (KPI)
* Instrumental in developing sound procurement policies and procedures and implementing them throughout the business. Promote best practices in contract management and supplier selection
* A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
* Extensive experience leading procurement activities within any of the following categories:
* Custom CNC, milled and turned ultra-high-precision aluminium products within both the UK and overseas;
* Design & Manufacturing knowledge of Metal-Injection-Moulding
* Complex electro-mechanical sub-assemblies (Robotic Sub-Assemblies a bonus) with experience of transferring sub-assemblies to the vendor
* High-tech products which include advanced Control, Sensing, Ethernet electronics / electrical engineering
* Large (low volume) and small (high volume) plastic injection moulded parts
* Previous experience of working within Medical Device, Automotive or Aerospace industry advantageous
* ISO13485 experience (desirable)
* A high proficiency in MS Office Tools
* The ability to gather and analyse data
* Strong leadership capabilities
* A talent for negotiations and networking
* The willingness to travel globally if required
* A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
To be discussed at interview