Direct Response Employment Services are pleased to be working with our long established client in the search for a process manager to join their team where you will be taking responsibility for management and coordination within the process department.
We are looking for a candidate who has previous experience working within food manufacturing and is able to take full responsibility within the process department and work to continuously improve the department while taking on various projects and implementing new tools.
· Lead the department team including a Process Planner & Process technician to ensure the supply in full of raw material to production.
· Take the lead in the process department in case of breakdown to manage the staff labour hours & investigation with the engineering team.
· Ensure that all the KPIs are met (safety, waste, parameters, batches, labour, quality)
· Take the lead during weekly meetings to drive efficiency/waste within the Process department
· Ensure all finished products satisfy customer specifications.
· Ensure the workshop is clean and safe at all times.
· Respond to customer audits.
· Ensure all the operators’ sheets are correctly filled and completed.
· Manage the technical and managerial priorities.
· Decide on appropriate action to be taken in the event of process failures.
· Work closely with Planning & Packing Shift managers to communicate any delays. Work towards a seamless interface with process & packing.
· Coordinate trials and introduction of new products.
· Makes sure that the operators explain the different issues they have had during their shift and this is recorded in the handover log.
· Find and suggest ideas of improvement for the department.
Experience and Required skill set:
· A minimum of 2 years supervisory/management experience in a similar environment.
· An Understanding/experience of lean manufacturing tools.
· Competent motivator of staff/teams.
· Understanding of employment laws, disciplinary procedures, H& S requirements, completing of reports & investigations.
· Understanding of dairy technology, filling room protocols and implications to the business.
· Knowledge of fresh food packing environment.
· Ability to interact effectively with Customers, Business Managers and staff at all levels.
· High degree of Numerate, literate and computer competent.
· Understanding of operation of machinery and processes.
· Advanced Food Hygiene
This is a crucial role within the department therefore we are looking for a good communicator, someone who is able to take leadership to push the department forward and be passionate about the success of the company.
If this sounds like the role for you and you have the experience and skill set we are looking for then we would love to hear from you
Excellent Benefit package