- The company is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging, offering packaging solutions to both food and non- food markets. They have an opportunity for a Process Engineer Salary up to £42,000 depending on experience.
- Process Engineer
Job role of the Process Engineer:
- Develop productivity and process improvements within the mill across a range of subject areas including process chemistry, quality, and environmental compliance.
Key Responsibilities of the Process Engineer:
- Ensure safe working practices are developed and maintained within area of responsibility and strive towards a goal of zero injuries.
- Perform safety observations and share findings with Mill leadership team.
- Encourage the reporting of close calls.
With your background in chemistry, you will:
- Develop an understanding of the chemistry relevant to the paper making process.
- Work with suppliers to optimise the chemical additions to the process.
- Keep abreast of developments and look for products, suppliers and controls which may enhance the mill’s products and performance, carrying out rigorous trials to develop a business case.
- Contribute to fulfilling our obligations under COSHH by assessing new chemicals on introduction, carrying out COSHH risk assessments and maintaining the chemical inventory.
- Be the legionella deputy Responsible Person, carrying out routine monitoring and other tasks as part of the Legionella Control System, working with external service providers as appropriate.
You will take a key role in maintaining our Environmental and Quality Management Systems by:
- Participating in investigations arising from process non-conformities, customer complaints, environmental incidents
- Carrying out internal auditing programmes,
- Progressing corrective and preventive actions from audit findings, environmental incidents, and customer complaints
- ensuring systems are in place and records are kept up to date.
- writing, updating, and communicating policies and procedures.
- Carrying out waste due diligence checks and maintaining records
- Monitoring progress against objectives and targets
- Participating in plant process improvement projects including both quality and environmental continuous improvement projects
- Identifying manufacturing best practices and good ideas to improve productivity.
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Degree or equivalent in chemistry, chemical engineering, paper science or another relevant subject.
- Minimum of three years Industry experience in a processing or production facility.
- Excellent analytical skills and confident mathematical abilities
- Experience of implementing ISO 9001 and 14001
- Experience of Environmental permitting and working with regulatory agencies
- Process Engineering knowledge.
- Knowledge in Lean/Six Sigma concepts
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- High degree of initiative and enthusiasm. The successful candidate will be a forward thinker with an eagerness to learn and develop oneself.
- Curiosity and drive to improve.
- Practical approach – ability to identify opportunities and implement practical solutions.
£35,000 – £42,000 pa depending on experience plus benefits
If you feel you have the right skill set and attributes for this role and that it’s the challenge, you are looking then please contact us on a confidential basis
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQxMzE1NTMxOS18LTE0NS18LTU=