Private Client Solicitor
Permanent Full Time
The Private Client team is expanding and this is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing and innovative Private Client team.
* Reporting to the partners in the department to assist with a caseload of IHT planning, Care Homes Fees planning, Probate, Wills and LPAs. Integral part of the Private Client team, delivering on agreed cases, sourcing new opportunities and supporting overall profile of the team as a whole.
* Proactively attracting work according to the needs of the firm.
* Delivery of individual targets with minimal supervision.
* Ensuring high levels of client satisfaction and building appropriate relationships with clients.
* Adherence of agreed quality procedures and management systems.
* Undertake and deliver work in a commercially effective manner.
* Development of technical and non-technical skills to meet client and firm requirements and demonstrate continuous improvement in all areas of work.
* Some travel and out of hours working required for business development, meetings and training purposes.
Qualifications, skills, knowledge and personal attributes:
* Relevant professional qualification minimum 3 years PQE
Skills / Experience:
* Strong legal skills in Private Client setting.
* Responsible for a broad and varied caseload including Wills, Care home fees, probate, IHT and LPAs.
* Sound knowledge of all private and elderly client matters, with excellent communication skills.
* You will be proactive and passionate about your career.
* Proven results in supporting business development across a team or firm.
* Working knowledge of case management systems and Microsoft Office applications.
* A strong team player with a motivational hands-on approach.
* Uses initiative, plans and organises own time and workload so as to meet deadlines and prioritises work.
* A measured and rational approach to problem solving.
* Deals confidently and diplomatically with clients and other stakeholders.
* Demonstrates integrity and congruence when dealing with people.
· Delivering a Quality Service
· Achieve Commercial Outcomes
· Deliver at Pace
· Collaborating and Partnering
· Changing and Improving
· Making Effective decisions.
Reward and development:
The client prides themselves on a positive work environment where independent thinking and new ideas are actively encouraged and where every member of the team genuinely can make a difference. Our client has a reward program to show that they recognise when someone has gone the extra mile or demonstrated excellence in their role.
Rewards and benefits:
– 25 days pro rata per leave year plus current English statutory holidays
– Pension scheme – auto enrolment after 3 months at a matched 5%. Option to increase your contribution after passing 6-month probation
– Westfield Health cover for all staff after passing probation
– Death in service of 4x salary
– Extra days holiday around the Christmas period
– Extra day off for your birthday
– Instant rewards with Westfield Health of 250 big name brands offering discounts upon passing probation
– Free tea, coffee, fruit and social events throughout the year.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and as a firm their values are:
* Empowering (no idea is a bad idea, everyone empowered to think acquire)
* Sharing – collaboration and sharing of best practice/success
* Positivity – mistakes can become positive, learning experiences
* Enabling & Expectations
* Communication – default to open
* Trust – in all our colleagues based on mutual respect
Health Cover, Holiday, Pension