Principal CS&A Engineer
This is an opportunity for a Principal CS&A Engineer to be based within our client’s Warrington or Harwell offices.
Our client is a leading international engineering, project management and services provider to the highly regulated nuclear, defence oil & gas, and science & research industries. Their expertise has been developed over many years and is backed up by a highly trained, committed workforce with a wide range of specialist resources and knowledge. You will get the opportunity to work on complex projects with true engineering world class solutions being our standard delivery goal. They have a world class client portfolio and are often their go to partner for nuclear engineering solutions.
Principal CS&A Engineer Role overview:
Leading the Definition and distribution of scopes of work to ensure that all work is executed safely, on time and at appropriate levels of quality. Delivery and sign off of all design and engineering to meet the requirements of Design Reviews and HAZOPs within Project procedures. Supervision of less experienced engineering employees, engineering resource management and interviews.
Responsibilities will include:
* Work collaboratively as a multi-discipline design team, engaging frequently with the client and multiple stakeholders
* Communicate with other design teams to provide technical input and justification
* Responsible for the development and delivery of design calculations & documents and generate solutions.
* Chair and facilitate technical and non-technical meetings including progress meetings and design reviews to present and justify technical decisions
* Independent and autonomous work during the delivery of complex engineering activities
* Be able to motivate, supervise and lead a team of all grades, identifying deliverables, target dates and reporting progress to the Engineering Manager
* Lead technical meetings to present and justify technical decisions
* Act as a Nominated Engineer as and where necessary
Candidate must have the following:
* Chartered Engineer and candidates nearing chartership are preferred. Membership to appropriate institutions is preferred e.g. CIBSE, MIMechE
* Degree qualified in Civil/Structural engineering or demonstrable equivalent underpinning knowledge and understanding
* Minimum 10 years’ experience in a civil and structural design role having direct influence over engineering practices and outcomes
* Excellent all-round technical design expertise using British and international standards, and/or Eurocodes
* Proficient use and knowledge of appropriate structural analysis programs
* Extensive first-hand experience of detailed calculations and design work for reinforced concrete and structural steelwork is essential. Experience in masonry would be advantageous
* Ability to work effectively as a team member
* Experience of seismic design is highly advantageous
* Strong stakeholder management skills and experience
* The ability to perform on one or more projects at one time
* To manage internal resource and assist within bids/tenders
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business