Planner / Shop Fit
Invovle Recruitment are recruititng on behalf of their client.
WORKING AWAY FROM HOME WILL BE REQUIRED ON OCCASSION FOR THIS ROLE.
We are looking for a Planner to join our clients well established reputable compan to provide a timely, effective and professional planning services for proposals and project delivery within the fit-out division. To continue to promote the purpose of good planning to internal and external customers and contribute to the effective running of the department.
* Integration into project teams
* Liaise with clients and external planning consultants
* Provide planning services to projects and proposals
* Lead programme meetings whether internally or presenting to Clients
* Set up end to end programmes from appointment to commissioning and close out.
* Set up and manage auditable trails of programmes
* Collate & validate project progress and report to the Divisional Director
* Contribute to the efficient way the department is run by feeding lessons learnt and innovation back into the department.
* Understand what makes each project tick and establish programmes around key milestones
* Critical Path analysis
* Identify and manage project risk
* Ability to contribute to problem solving
* React to client change with “big picture” thinking
* Ability to produce detailed programmes and options quickly as required by clients
* Ability to advise clients on “last possible moment” decision milestones
Experience & Skills
* Must be familiar with fit out in a retail enviornment.
* HNC/ BTEC Construction Management (desirable)
* Excellent fit out construction knowledge in terms of architectural construction.
* Able to demonstrate these through sound programming and sequencing on a range of projects & proposals through various planning techniques and software.
* Proven understanding of the full project cycle and any relative constraints.
* Proven understanding of different forms of procurement
* Software operations relevant to job role
* Experience of being involved in the planning & proposals process within the fit-out industry.
* Presentation skills
* Planning experience in a range of business sectors including construction, engineering, airports, schools, manufacturing etc.
* Proven understanding of planning & rescheduling techniques
* Ability to prepare and deliver programming and planning in accordance with the guidelines set down by the Society of Construction Law, Delay and Disruption Protocol.
* Ability to react quickly to project pace and change, be able to make valid assumptions, challenge design, be able to work alone from information and have confidence and the ability to back up the programmes
* Ability to manage own workload
* Strategic and “big picture” thinker