Lotus Cars builds world class, high performance and lightweight sports cars that are sold all around the world. The current range – which is 100% 'For The Drivers' – includes the Evora coupe, the critically acclaimed Exige and the iconic Elise.
The latest new Lotus is the Evija, our all-electric hypercar that is the world's most powerful series production model. All Lotus cars are rightly regarded as being the benchmark for exceptional ride and handling, lightweight engineering, exceptional steering, efficient aerodynamics and driver-focused interiors.
Our founder Colin Chapman always believed that a driver wants feedback and control, instant response, precision and agility, the power to accelerate and the ability to stop almost instantly. Over the last seven decades, Lotus has remained true to this ethos. Our core values, our pioneering approach to automotive engineering and our rich heritage – both in road and race cars – are guiding our future.
The ongoing transformation of Lotus is laid out in the company's
Packaging Coordinator, Hethel, Norfolk
To support the Supply chain department in advanced planning activities for containerisation solutions for all new vehicle programmes.
Design and commission prototype and production packaging solutions for component and sub assembly deliveries to the production line.
Working in tandem with multiple departments to ensure that all planning & packaging is in line with business expectations, and meets all regulatory and health and safety requirements.
The Supply chain Engineering department takes a lead in developing and deciding upon the best logistics solutions for the introduction of new parts for new and existing products into the business.
The items below are examples of the general duties/responsibilities to be carried out by Packaging and Planning Co-ordinators. Detailed duties will depend on the needs of the department to support the business:
* Calculate internal / external costs that contribute to the Total Acquisition Cost of a part and feed that data in to the supplier selection process.
* Develop/draw & maintain using AutoCAD the operational detail of Logistics footprints within current & future facility layouts.
* Review & sign off new part releases (Product Change Orders / Requests) after assessing the impact on packaging & process flow & capability.
* Support the introduction and maintenance of part kitting / decant activities for all current & future production lines through the planning of kitting zone layout, picking process & line side delivery methodology.
* Attending Project & Design Change Control meetings to ensure the team is launching suitable packaging solutions in line with required timings
* Develop packaging standards.
* Develop a future packaging strategy.
* Work with third party suppliers to provide bespoke packaging for parts where required.
* Complete Lotus Vendor Packaging Method sheets to ensure all stakeholders have signed off agreed packaging solutions.
* Maintain project packaging tracker to ensure progress against part releases is measured at all time.
* Maintaining the Lotus database (Binitivity) for tracking returnable packaging.
* Support the launch and removal of containers in the logistics loop in line with MRP requirements.
* Develop and Monitor performance metrics for Packaging deliverables.
* Labelling & re-labelling of bins & racks to ensure parts are delivered to the correct supplier & the correct point of fit at Hethel Resolution of problems/concerns relating to packaging
* GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent)
* Supply chain / Packaging / Automotive / Process Engineering
* Competent in the use of a PC and associated programs (excel / word).
* Aptitude for quick thinking and methodical in application of solutions
* Experience of problem resolution, continuous improvement activities, manufacturing or supply chain environment.
* Flexible, attention to detail, team player, right first time pro active approach, good communicator.
* Full UK driving licence
* ONC or above in Engineering / Supply Chain
* Knowledge of and ability to use Lotus key software systems, IFS, MPPDM, AutoCAD or other 2d or 3d drawing packages.
* Experience of Automotive supply chain or manufacturing environment
* Friday half day
* 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
* Private healthcare – Bupa
* Pension scheme
* Bonus scheme