The Private Real Estate Group provides high quality advice and service to private clients, trusts and family offices in connection with their real estate affairs. It works closely where appropriate with other specialists in the Firm, including in Private Client and Commercial Real Estate lawyers to achieve that aim. The Group currently comprises 5 partners, 24 fee earners and 6 support staff across the Firm’s 4 offices.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced PA to join the Residential team based in the Cambridge office. The role will work alongside the partners and fee earners in the team to provide them with general administrative and legal support. The main duties of the role include:
Upon initial client contact:
* Send Fee estimate, instruction sheet(s) and, as appropriate, ID and SOF guide to client.
* Open new client forms/new matters; send out standard correspondence e.g. client care letter, etc.
Upon receipt of instructions:
* Prepare Matter Opening form for team to approve and complete/ open file and remind team to send ID and SOF to Risk
* Use OCEs and the memorandum to prepare a draft contract pack for approval by team
When papers received on a purchase:
* Carry out searches/Prepare draft mortgage report for FE approval
* Undertake exchange/Send contract to other side/Request redemption figure
* Get Certificate on Title signed and request funds from lender
* Oversee sending of money e.g. confirm bank details/Confirm to clients, other side, agents etc
* Submit SDLT return and pay tax/Submit Land Registry application
* Liaise with clients, Solicitors, external professionals, etc., dealing on behalf of the fee earner with enquiries and transaction updates where possible
* Ensure all correspondence and documentation is accurately filed
* Diary management
* Maintain client databases, we use Interaction and Elite
* Support billing processes for fee-earning team to include drafting bill narratives and covering letters
* Make appointments and arrange meetings on behalf of designated fee-earners ensuring rooms are booked and refreshment/catering arrangements made
* Attend to any travel arrangements
Who we are looking for:
* Administrative experience of working in a law firm with knowledge of residential property and land registry experience essential
* An organised approach to working
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to prioritise
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
We-Talent Group Ltd is acting as both an employment business and employment agency.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 30 days in a role via We-Talent Group!*
*Terms and conditions apply; contact us for details