Operations Manager | Lincolnshire | Competitive Salary & Car
Our client a niche market manufacturer based in South Lincolnshire, are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager to be part of their senior management team, this position has been created due to continued growth of the company.
Reporting to the Board, you will have overall responsibility for the strategic planning and overall management of production workshops, where you will be working closely with production supervisors to direct operational staff to ensure project delivery deadlines are met.
* Management of multi skilled / technical skilled workforce, across a number of teams.
* Leading regular production meetings alongside production supervisors to provide clear directives and targets.
* Top-level strategic control of all build projects using digital tools
* Update, maintain and develop the detailed engineering build programme, including understanding commercial and cash-flow requirements.
* Ensure delivery of all build projects in line with the required timescale.
* Supporting contact for clients when visiting site.
* Regular liaison with Procurement and Quality teams
* Identify conflicts in scope of parts supply, project complexity and configuration and resolve accordingly.
* Identify areas of improvement within processes and implement accordingly
* Management of all production department supervisors
* Supporting contact for all operational staff
* Daily staff management and monitoring of team morale including recruitment
* Review and continuous development of suitable training programme for current and new staff.
* Update, maintain and develop total build cost tracking (to include Bill of Materials, Labour Rates, Rework)
* Strong IT and people management skills are essential
An established career in operations / workshop management is key for the success of this position, ideally 10+ years experience