Recruitment Solutions Workforce Ltd is currently recruiting for our client with a world-wide reputation for excellence and innovation based in the Cardiff area. This is an exciting time to join as they have transformed their centre of technology into a contemporary hub for audiences of all ages to engage with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and maths).
They are seeking a Part Time Operations Manager to lead the Front of House Team, having responsibility for managing the retail experience, safe running of the exhibition floor and ensuring all visitors have a wonderful experience. Your role will be to lead a team of Operations Assistants, with tasks including allocation of staff, health and safety, and motivating the team to deliver the customer service expectations of our visitors.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional customer service background gained from front of house, event management, or retail, with a proven understanding of customer needs and expectations. They will have excellent people management skills and flexibility towards working patterns.
* To manage the Operations Assistants team including the allocation of staff to ensure the smooth running of the exhibition, shop, bookings and events functions.
* To be responsible for Health and Safety, fire checks and security procedures.
* To hold daily briefings with the Operations Assistants and Visitor Engagement Officers providing feedback and guidance to staff to ensure that standards are maintained.
* To be responsible for handling money and documentation accurately, all takings, cashing up and depositing money, monitoring tills, following designated procedures, and ensure that appropriate precautions are taken with security.
* To be responsible for implementation and updating of Front of House policies and procedures.
* To ensure that all on site visitor requirements and/or complaints are dealt with promptly and politely and that relevant procedures are followed.
* To work with the Head of Commercial Development and Head of Programs to ensure that regular refreshment of the exhibition floor is carried out.
* With the wider team, maintain the admissions system in the role of ‘Super User’ ensuring all Techniquest programs and events are up to date, all updates are co-ordinated in a timely manner and all new users are trained.
* To support the Online Retail Manager with retail business so that sales and gross profitability are maximised.
* To manage stock levels effectively overseeing ordering, pricing and control and rotation of stock.
* To organise and record both cyclic counting of stock and year-end stock counts and managing wastage.
* Support negotiations with sales representatives in order to obtain favourable terms e.g. pricing, sale or return, credit for slow moving stock.
* GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English to a grade C or above
* First Aid At Work Qualification (or willing to work towards)
* A valid driving licence is desirable
* Relevant experience of working as part of a Front of House Team
* Relevant management experience
* Complaint management experience
* Retail experience is desirable
* Welsh speaker desirable
Skills, knowledge, abilities
* Experience of working in a visitor attraction
* Excellent team leadership and people management skills
* Excellent delegation and organisational skills
* Flexible attitude towards working pattern to provide seven-day cover
* Experience of managing budgets and forecasting
* Good computer skills, especially with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
* A high standard of written and verbal communication skills
This is a Part Time post – 21 hours per week
Salary is based on a pro rata basis (3 days per week including weekends and Bank Holidays on rota)