Operational Support Grade – HMP Long Lartin 12 months FTC – TMP MOJ OSG
Prison Support Role
HMP Long Lartin 12 months FTC
Up to £23,226 (includes additional allowance and unsocial hours) + excellent benefits
Develop the skills you need to start building a long-term career.
Prison Support Opportunities. Learn more. Do more.
Keeping a prison running smoothly and safely is vital. Good judgement and common sense are just the tip of the iceberg. But above all, it takes teamwork and the ability to keep nurturing your skills.
As part of our Operational Support team, you will be equipped with the training you need to handle every scenario, and in the process, you will find plenty of opportunities for progression. We want you to join us and stay with us, so we will be there every step of the way to keep you safe and help you take the next steps. Whether you would like to become a qualified Prison Officer, or you would simply like to see where your career takes you, you will find purpose in this entry-level role.
Why join us?
With a salary ranging from £21,468 to £25,744 depending on where you are based, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, with the chance to learn from experienced colleagues. This includes the scope to embark on a 14-month funded level 2 apprenticeship
- 5 weeks of annual leave per year
- Season ticket loan
- Membership of the valuable Civil Service pension scheme, currently one of the best in the country
- Access to our reward and recognition scheme
- Free gym and sports facilities
- Many employee benefits and discounts, including a Blue Light card
Prisons need your support 24/7 so you will take on a shift-pattern that includes night and weekend work. Depending on your prison, your level of contact with prisoners will vary, but working night shifts usually involves some prisoner contact. Our comprehensive training prepares you for these situations.
1. You will initially receive 2 weeks of paid training in which you will learn about prison security and safety
2. Once in post, you will then have local training including personal protection safety training.
With plenty of variety, you will support the day-to-day running of the prison by:
- Welcoming family members and visitors to the premises, including supervising visits
- Processing documentation and property in the reception unit, and managing deliveries
- Supervising prisoners during movement around the prison
- Taking on patrol and gate duties
- Monitoring phone calls and CCTV
- Carrying out security checks and searches, and reporting contraband
Take the first step to learning new skills and developing a worthwhile long-term career. Apply online now.
Prison Support Opportunities. Learn. Develop. Protect.
Frequency: Per year
Employment type: Full-time
This job was originally posted as: https://uk.whatjobs.com/coopob__cpl___1999_1123786__1685?utm_source=1685&utm_medium=feed&keyword=Operational-Support-Grade&location=Evesham