Our Brand new Bright Horizons Hertford Nursery opened since January 2020 is currently recruiting for a Nursery Assistant to join their amazing team!!
The nursery offers seven individual home-bases tailored to each age group as well as two additional extra-curricular rooms. It boasts a large external play area where the children can flourish and explore while building a lifelong love of learning.
All of the rooms have been designed to be flexible and with good access to the garden.
The nursery is located 0.5 miles to the east of Hertford town Centre and 10-15 minutes walk from Hertford East Train Station.
As a Nursery Assistant working with us, you can expect a competitive salary from £13,000 – £18,500 per annum, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To contribute high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in our nursery alongside keeping everyone safe.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Consistently deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs
* Make accurate and effective assessments which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child by supporting the delivery of the key person approach
* Ensuring an enabling environment is providing consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision
* Ensure that British Values are incorporated and demonstrated through Early Years Foundation Stage learning and play
* Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures
* Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies
* Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviours
* Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times
* Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication at all levels
* Attend staff meetings and training sessions for continuous professional development
* Demonstrate the HEART principles in everyday working life
* Working as part of a larger team to ensure all essential day to day tasks are completed in line with the nursery demands ie. Hygiene standards and room preparation
* To provide support for your colleagues within the nursery and the broader business
* Experience of working within an Early years setting
* Experience of working with children 0-5’s years
* Early years curriculum
* Basic understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection
* Basic understanding of wider legislative requirements for working with children
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES (ESSENTIAL):
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Ability to be flexible, adaptable and embrace new ways of doing things
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES (DESIRABLE):
* Child Protection
* Genuine desire and passion for ongoing learning and development
* Full and relevant Level 1 or equivalent in childcare
* Paediatric First Aid
We look forward to receiving your application!
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application that you disclose any information requested in respect of applicable convictions and cautions (including, as applicable any reprimands or final warnings). This post may be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, in which case applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act unless the conviction or caution is “protected” as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). Any such ‘protected’ conviction or caution is not subject to disclosure to employers, and cannot be taken into account. A. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, caution, reprimand or final warning has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this role but any failure to disclose any such information will result in dismissal or disciplinary action