We are looking for an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner to join our friendly team and learn skills on the job whist supporting children's play, learning and development.
Main purpose of the position
Making sure that we offer children a safe, secure, caring and supportive environment, providing opportunities to foster children’s growth and development within the setting. The successful candidate will have a personal ethos of always putting the children first, will have a positive personality and a clear ambition to progress.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
* To work within our Early Years Team, engaging in planning and implementation of activities with individuals or groups of children; promoting effective teaching and learning.
* To be part of our Early Years Team that provides a purposeful, stimulating environment rich in learning opportunities, both indoors and outdoors.
* To promote the inclusion of all children.
* Ensuring the on-going cleanliness of the setting and maintenance of equipment and resources.
* To use professional knowledge of the individual child and diverse ways that children learn and develop, to meet their differing needs.
* To establish positive and sensitive relationships with children.
* To act as a role model and set achievable expectations for children to follow.
* To be responsible for organising the environment inside and outside to ensure that resources and equipment are available and appropriate to meet the needs of the individual children under the guidance of your line manager.
* To meet the physical needs of children, encouraging good standards of personal hygiene, whilst promoting independence. Including but not limited to; feeding support, nappy changing and the changing of soiled clothing.
* Under the guidance of your line manager support the planning, development and delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage in order to meet all learning interests and needs of children, extending them where necessary through playful learning activities.
* To contribute to the review and further development of the Early Years Foundation Stage in the setting.
* To monitor and evaluate children's learning through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies with the support of your line manager.
* To contribute to the setting’s continuous development through conversations with in the team and with line managers, team meetings and development plans.
* To provide objective and accurate feedback for parents on children’s achievements, progress and related matters as part of a daily handover conversation.
* To liaise with outside agencies regarding children’s development when needed, with the support of your line manager.
* To undertake any duties set to you by the Management Team / senior team members that will assist in the day- to-day running of the setting and contribute to the welfare of the children when they are asked of your or as they become necessary.
* To complete any and all course work reliably and punctually to the best of your abilities indoor to complete your training.
This post is exempt from The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 as the position involves working within the close proximity of young children.
The post holder will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure