The Network Manager will lead the day to day running of NTT Global Data Centre EMEA’s network and systems. Additionally, the network team works closely with the IT/Infrastructure team who look after our internal customers.
Network Manager Responsibilities:
– Work with the Head of Networks and Infrastructure to oversee the department budget
Look after the installation, documentation and maintenance of NTT Global Data Centres EMEA network and server infrastructure including:
– Linux servers (Postfix, NGINX, ISC BIND, PowerDNS, ISC DHCP)
– VMWare/Cloud Infrastructure (including Hypervisors, SANs, iSCSI, Docker)
– DWDM Network (MRV/ADVA ROADM)
– Layer3 IP Network (Juniper MX)
– Layer 2 Network (Juniper Core Switches & Firewalls, HP/Aruba Switches)
– Monitoring systems (eg.Nagios/Opsview/Cacti)
– Customer facing systems (Web Servers/Request Tracker/Customer Portal)
– The NTT Global Data Centres EMEA phone system (VoIP – Asterisk/Cisco/Polycom/Digium/Grandstream/2N)
– Be a point of contact for contractors working for, or on behalf of NTT Global Data Centres EMEA.
– Ideally have some basic knowledge of scripting/programming (PHP, HTML, Java, C#).
– Have some knowledge of systems automation (e.g. Ansible/Chef/Puppet).
– Work with 3rd party connectivity providers and the Facilities Maintenance department for cable/equipment installation.
– Project work for internal & customer projects (cctv, access control, PCs, multimedia/av).
Network Manager Requirements:
Ability to display some knowledge of some or any of:
– Routing – JunOS/eBGP/iBGP/OSPF/CIDR/VRRP/IPv6
– Switching – VLANS/LACP/PoE/STP/RSTP/MSTP
– Servers – Windows/Centos/Ubuntu
– General – DHS/DHCP/SMTP/SSH
– Flexible and not afraid of occasionally getting “hands dirty” with some of the more hands on tasks involved with building and running data centres.
– Flexibility to travel to other locations as required at short notice.
– Full driving licence valid for use in the UK with own transport.
– Undergo full security checks to BS7858:2019
About the Global Data Centres division of NTT Ltd.
Global Data Centres, a division of NTT Ltd., develops and operates high-availability data centres globally across 500,000 sqm. The Global Data Centres division comprises e-shelter, Gyron, Netmagic, NTT Indonesia Nexcenter, RagingWire and the other data centre divisions of NTT Communications group, which are now operating under the NTT brand.
Our combined global platform is one of the largest in the world, with more than 160 data centres spanning more than 20 countries and regions including North America, Europe, Africa, India and APAC. As a neutral operator, we offer access to multiple cloud providers, a large variety of internet exchanges and telecommunication network providers including our own IPv6 compliant, tier 1 global IP network. Our clients benefit from tailored infrastructure and experience consistent best practices in design and operations across all of our highly reliable, scalable, and customizable data centres.
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Herts
Salary: Competitive plus car allowance
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Pension matched up to 5% from day 1. Private Medical Insurance following successful completion of probationary period. Life Assurance – x 4 annual salary from day 1. Employee Assistance Programme.
You may have experience of the following: Network Manager, Engineering, Operations Manager, Network Engineer, Network Service Engineer, Network Support Engineer, Network Operations Engineer, VMWare, Virtualisation, Linux, Juniper, etc.