Multi Skilled Technician
An opportunity has arisen for multi-skilled technicians at our Northampton plant. These technicians will join the Engineering team and will report to the Engineering Supervisor. The successful candidates will work alternate shifts and have both mechanical and electrical experience. Working hours will be 6am-2pm (Mon-Fri), 2pm-10pm (Mon-Fri) and 10pm-6am (Sun-Thurs) however flexibility is essential.
Main Aspects of the Role
* Hydraulic & pneumatic engineering
* Read electrical drawings and schematics in order to fix a fault.
* Provide a fast and efficient response time to any onshift breakdowns that occur
* Troubleshoot and correct machinery problems
* Provide routine service maintenance across the site
* Control plant start up and shutdown
* Maintaining accurate and timely records with planned, preventative and reactive maintenance work.
* Assist with preparation of boilers, vessels etc. for insurance inspections
* Follow, maintain and improve safety procedures within the engineering department and plant
* Maintain clean, safe work environment
* Communicate with the Engineering Supervisor regarding company policies, system breakdowns, safety and environmental issues.
* Maintain plant which include; electrical systems, boilers, pneumatics, hydraulics and recycling systems.
* Analyse operations to ensure that the plant is running as efficiently as possible.
What we would like our candidate to have…
* Time served engineer/technician with suitable experience for position
* Professional Electrical and Mechanical qualifications/experience
* PC literate (M.S Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Decision making ability and to use own initiative
* Knowledge of machinery hydraulics, pneumatics, steam systems, maintenance programmes, etc. expansion/moulding process experience would be preferred.
* Physically fit – occasional strenuous work will be required
* Knowledge moulding would be preferred candidate
* FLT Licence