This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking company with a great ethos and culture. We are looking for an multi-skilled engineer with an electrical bias. The role will be working 4 shift rotating pattern – earlies, afternoon,nights,days totalling 40 hours per week.
The right person will have a desire to learn and develop, and be part of a small, hard working and dedicated team. Core duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Work with and install single phase/3 phase electrical circuits
* Fault find and repair a range of manufacturing equipment using various sources of information to locate the cause of breakdowns in an objective manner
* Accurately report and record machine data as well as ensuring maintenance records are completed and updated at all times.
* Ensure planned maintenance is completed in a timely fashion to minimise machine downtime.
* Complete electrical work on pneumatics and hydraulics
* Work with production shift managers and production staff to identify faults, failures and prioritise the workload.
* Communicate and liaise with colleagues on engineering and electrical issues, problems and projects.
* Take ownership of assigned tasks and work without continuous supervision
* Be assertive and challenge constructively existing ideas and practices, look for improvements to the service and maintain good practice within your role.
* Be able to read and interpret circuit/ladder diagrams
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes:
* Pneumatics, Hydraulic and some mechanical experience
* NVQ qualifications or completed a time served electrical apprenticeship
* Knowledge of PLC’s (Siemans) (S5/S7) As-l, Lenze servos, inverters, soft starts
* Be aware of IEE 17th Edition regulations and TPM/PPM/OEE/5s
* Be able to communicate at all levels making time to listen and value opinions of others
* Have an organised and focused approach to planning and prioritising your workload