Job Overview: Working alongside our client, one of a group of UK plastic packaging companies, we are looking to appoint a hands-on Mouldshop Manager to join their team.
* The role of Moulding Manager will be to proactively lead, develop & mentor a production & moulding team to meet shift KPI’s and production demand.
* You will be required to support the Operations Manager and colleagues to achieve high motivation and productivity through consistent and positive leadership.
* For the role of Mouldshop Manager, you will manage a team ensuring all Health & Safety practices are adhered to while identifying and implementing lean principles to improve efficiency and reduce scarp.
* The successful candidate must have prior experience with technical injection moulding processes, robots, ancillaries and automation.
* This is an excellent position for an established Mouldshop Manager or Setter Supervisor looking to take their next career step.
* This is a hands-on, sleeves rolled up role managing a small team of Mould Setters & Operators, – you will be expected to lead by example and you yourself be involved in Mould Setting, Process optimisation, machine tool continuous improvements, tool change-overs and tool trials, supporting NPI and material trials & development.
* Manage a moulding team and provide support to the operations team
* Manage New Product Introduction on moulding
* Working with the business development team to ensure customers new tooling is developed in a timely manner
* Training of staff to ensure they can perform their duties efficiently and are achieving targets
* Ensure machines are optimised for cycle times and quality ensuring Rlip and Clip targets are met
* To assist the team in achieving budgeted profit
* Mounting and setting of mould tools when necessary
* Ensure that procedures are developed to ensure the production area is running efficiently
* Maintaining quality standards
* Ensuring ancillary equipment is utilised and set up correctly
* Enabling and supporting Operators
* Ensure H&S requirements are maintained
* Maintaining housekeeping standards
* Work closely with the team to ensure goals are achieved
* Ensure all efforts are made to instil a right first-time culture
* Maintenance of moulding and ancillary equipment
* Troubleshooting of moulding issues
* Ensure planned production and trials are carried out when required
* Develop the workforce and lines of communication on the shift, encouraging teamwork philosophy
Trained to injection moulding standard with either BPTA, RJG, G&A Moulding, PTIC, SDUK or similar
At least 10 years’ experience in technical injection moulding setting & setting processes
Conversant with a variety of machine manufacturers’ equipmen
Technically experienced with engineering polymer materials
First line maintenance and troubleshooting of machinery and equipment
Ability to work alone or part of a team
Desirable – Hold a Forklift Truck Licence
Desirable – First aid certificate
Key Words: “Injection Moulding”, “Shift Leader”, “Moulding Technician”, “Injection Moulding Setter”, “Process Technician”, “Shift Manager”, “Setter Supervisor”, “Senior Setter”, “Mould Manager”, “Mouldshop Manager”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles