To carry out both Planned and Reactive maintenance to both plant and building equipment across several the Client’s sites and to participate in an out of hours stand by rota (OOH) to provide emergency cover. Understands, encourages, and carries out the principles of Health & Safety and takes personal responsibility for safety. Works harmoniously with others to get a job done and responds positively to instructions and procedures.
As part of a central support team, it is essential that the Engineer operates as an Electrical Authorised Person. The engineer may also be asked to visit and support surrounding sites from time to time as required.
- Carry out the effective delivery of electrical, mechanical and fabric maintenance to both plant equipment and building equipment on the Client’s sites.
- Provide assistance to other maintenance personnel as and when required.
- Provide excellent communication and customer service to the client.
- To follow all company procedures including following all company health and safety requirements.
- Ensure you comply with risk assessments, method statements and the on-site risk-register.
- Ensure the correct operation of all M&E assets within all of BBC sites.
- To identify further opportunities for completion whilst undertaking existing reactive WOs, completing other jobs operating a 360 degree view when you walk onto the Client’s site.
- Completion of required documentation as specified in relevant standards and regulations to maintain 100% statutory compliance at all times.
- Utilise smartphones (PDA) to receive and record work information, including the number of hours applied to each work request.
- To assist all trades within the facility and to complete tasks away from your core skills providing it is safe to do so.
- Perform maintenance on sites outside of your designated area as workload demands from time to time.
- Develop an effective working relationship with the service centre (helpdesk); understand the impact of the service centre on your daily performance.
- To ensure that all work is undertaken within the job holder’s own level of demonstrated competence.
- Participate in the Health and Safety Policy (including Accident Reporting Process) of the company and report to you line manager any dangers; hazards or other defects/issues that may be encountered.
- Identification of potential failures of service delivery to your line manager.
- Maintain adherence to the Client’s code/rules of conduct.
- Minimise disruption to the Client’s business when completing works at the Client’s site.
- Maintain a professional and safe image at all times by wearing appropriate PPE
- Ensure all tools (as provided) are maintained correctly
- Vehicle (as provided) is maintained in line with Fleet policy
- Please note that this list is not exhaustive, and individuals may be required from time to time to complete additional duties in line with their knowledge, skills and capabilities at either their main site or surrounding sites.
Qualifications & experience:
- Completed a recognised Electrical Engineering qualification (18th edition)
- Working to Planned Preventative and Reactive maintenance regimes.
- Knowledge of electrical services and systems.
- Been appointed as LV AP or can demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding of the role.
- Worked in a critical engineering environment i.e., banks, data centres or hospitals.
- Fault finding on Control circuits.
- Operation and maintenance of UPS.
- Knowledge of lone working requirements.
- Experience in General Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Risk Assessment and Method Statement trained.
- Demonstrable experience in the discipline area (s).
- Appreciation of industry safety standards and procedures.
- Experience in working within a customer-focused environment.
- Completing audits on a planned and ad hoc basis.
- Experience in lone working in a mobile multi-site environment.
- Full UK Clean Driving Licence
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQ0MzQxMTg2NC18LTE0NS18LTcw