We have an amazing opportunity available for experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our client, one of the largest Private Label manufacturers of animal nutrition in the UK and Irish markets.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Ijmuiden – Netherlands
Salary: Upto 63,000 Euros DOE + Health Insurance
Hours of Work – Monday – Friday 07.00 – 18.00 – Flexibility is required in line with business needs
Purpose of the role:
As the Mechanical Engineer, you will possess a strong technical knowledge and be seen as the site expert in all Mechanical machinery tooling. Working as a member of the engineering team you will be responsible for maintaining key equipment efficiently and minimising downtime via world class fabrication, essential repairs, and improvement projects. You will report to the Engineering Manager and also provide support to both production & engineering in terms of technical knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Participate in engineering focused activities in support of manufacturing plant and equipment performance KPI’s.
* Contribute to continuous improvement projects.
* Support sites technical issue resolution and completion of improvement actions through good engineering practices and guidance.
* Support site engineering team’s development and coach individuals towards improved performance and achievement, thereby assisting Business Units to achieving targets and key objectives.
* Deliver engineering KPI’s to ensure visibility of supply engineering performance and required improvement for site. Profit through efficiency improvements and risk management being key drivers.
* Identify and share best practice and contribute to raising awareness, improving performance, and transitioning to a “pro-active” engineering culture.
* Contribute to the development of existing and new standards for key items of equipment and facilities.
* Lead high standards of safety practices across the business.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a background involving maintenance of a busy production line. You will enjoy working in challenging, problem solving roles and have exposure to working in an FMCG environment. You will possess either HND level or NVQ L3 in a Mechanical related discipline.
You will be an effective communicator and will provide flexible support across the operation, the role is aimed at applying knowledge and skills to deal with situations and identify and influence the long-term issues in order to drive continuous improvement.
Knowledge of the Dutch language would be highly advantageous however is not essential.
Our client offers an intensive training period in which you can see all facets of the installations in the factory