Mechanical CAD Designer
Brief Role Description:
We are supporting our client who are a successful manufacturer of Safety-Critical Components, in their search for a Mechanical CAD Designer to join their expanding team.
Relevant Job Titles:
Design Engineer, CAD Engineer, Development Engineer, Design & Development Engineer
We are looking for someone who can:
* Create high quality Solidworks CAD models, engineering drawings and parts lists which meet exacting requirements for both high and low volume manufacture.
* As part of a truly multi-disciplinary product development team of mechanical, electronic, software, and system test engineers, deliver project tasks within agreed timescales and budget from early stage design through to validation.
* Collaborate widely across teams to ensure that designs are delivered to the highest standard throughout the product development process.
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything that helps the team deliver its objectives.
You will have an HND or degree in relevant engineering discipline and experience of working in a regulated industry. You will also be a great team player and as keen as we are to produce work to the highest possible standards.
We would also like you to have some or all of the below:
* Experience of creating and maintaining Solidworks CAD models and drawings (including GD&T and tolerance analysis) and other engineering documentation to achieve high performance and reliability.
* Experience of working with Solidworks PDM professional and systematic design release and change control processes.
* Experience of maintaining designs though whole product lifecycle from concept through to V&V and transfer to manufacture
* Extensive knowledge of modelling and detailing precision machined components, injection mouldings, MIM parts and complex assemblies.
* Experience of preparing designs for complex electromechanical systems, re-usable articulated surgical instruments and single use consumables is desirable, but not essential.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK