Our client, the top-rated East of England Chambers currently seeks a Marketing Executive to join their team. You will design and implement a marketing strategy for Chambers in order to strengthen their reputation and attract a greater volume of high-quality work. The successful candidate will have outstanding written English and be confident in producing copy for advertising materials. They will have 3+ years’ experience working in a marketing role in a small business environment or preferably in another set of Chambers.
Location: The successful candidate will primarily be expected to work from Chambers, particularly whilst familiarising themselves with Chambers as a business, with flexibility for remote working.
Hours: 20 hours per week
* To develop and implement a marketing strategy for Chambers in conjunction with the Senior Clerk, Deputy Senior Clerk, and Management Committee with particular focus on cementing Chambers’ reputation as a leading set in the East of England and increasing the quality of work across all practice areas.
* To develop local media contacts to ensure Chambers maximises its opportunities for free marketing and PR.
* To develop new contacts for work in liaison with the Senior Clerk.
* To manage Chambers’ entries into Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, including keeping track of submission deadlines, working closely with barristers to put together their applications, and being a point of contact for legal directories.
* To organise the running of webinars and seminars, including sending out invitations and follow-up emails, managing attendees, arranging rooms and refreshments, and dealing with queries.
* To maintain Chambers’ website, including barristers’ profiles and news articles, and to work in conjunction with Chambers’ retained design agency to ensure that the website is up-to-date and developed and is search engine optimised.
* To maintain Chambers’ social media profiles.
* To identify business and professional events taking place in the Cambridge area, and arrange attendance for members of chambers and staff.
* To organise and plan marketing events, in conjunction with each Practice Group.
* To design and produce appropriate marketing materials as required.
* Additionally, the ideal candidate will propose subjects for news articles and events, and take responsibility for managing barristers, to ensure that all Practice Groups are
involved in marketing activities. They may also have some good ideas for increasing Chambers’ profile for potential direct access clients, which they can put into practice.
* 3+ years’ experience working in a marketing role in a small business environment
* Preferably 2+ years experience working in a marketing role in a barristers’ chambers or similar.
* Outstanding written and spoken English, confident in producing copy for the website and advertising materials.
* Exceptional attention to detail.
* Self-motivated, able to take initiative and manage their own workload to meet Chambers’ objectives.
* Good IT skills. Design experience is preferred but not essential