Robert Half are partnering with a privately-owned construction supply chain business based near Walsall, as they look to appoint a new Management Accountant into a growing Finance team.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for all record keeping and transactional processing including the preparation, accuracy and interpretation of monthly management accounts. This Management Accountant will play a crucial role in providing financial insights and supporting decision-making processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare Management Accounts:
- Use appropriate accounting methods to create management accounts.
- Ensure the presentation of financial data is in the correct format for internal reporting and decision-making.
- Variance Analysis and Trend Identification:
- Highlight variances and trends in the financial data to business leaders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify the root causes of variances and trends.
- Conduct further analysis to support decision-making.
- Reconcile revenue and costs reported in the management accounts with the finance accounting records.
- Ensure the accuracy and consistency of financial data.
- Month-End Journals and Inter-company Transactions:
- Prepare and post month-end journal entries to accurately reflect financial transactions.
- Approve and manage inter-company transactions to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable:
- Assist in managing the Accounts Payable and Receivable functions.
- Efficiently resolve aged invoices and implement preventative measures to minimise outstanding balances.
- Cash Collection:
- Collaborate with sales teams and credit control to manage cash collection.
- Evaluate customer creditworthiness and advise on appropriate credit terms.
- Bank Payments and Reconciliation:
- Coordinate all bank payments and receipts for the organisation.
- Reconcile bank statements to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial records.
- Monthly Reviews:
- Schedule regular reviews with department managers to discuss monthly financial figures.
- Address and resolve queries, unusual cost trends, and discrepancies.
- Assist in the development of a 3-month financial forecast.
- Capital Expenditure Business Cases:
- Prepare business cases for capital expenditure projects in collaboration with project sponsors.
- Assess the financial viability and impact of proposed capital investments.
- Financial Analysis:
- Analyse financial data related to sales, stock, and plant utilisation.
- Identify and resolve financial issues or inefficiencies to optimise the organisation’s financial performance.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified, Part Qualified or Qualified by Experience
- High level understanding of Microsoft Office
- Ability to produce and manipulate reports using formula and pivot tables
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to produce accurate, relevant information in a timely manner
- Adopt and improve current business working methods
- Proactive in problem solving.
- Challenging and inquisitive nature
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Rates of pay and salary ranges are dependent upon your experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data: roberthalf.co.uk/legal-information/privacy-notice.
Security alert: scammers are currently targeting jobseekers. Robert Half do not ask candidates for a fee or request candidates to send applications through instant messaging services such as WhatsApp or Telegram. Learn how to protect yourself by visiting our website: roberthalf.co.uk/fraud-alert
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQzMjc2NTUxNC18LTE0NS18LTcw