Maintenance Technician is sought by a world leader in the manufacture of automotive components. The company provides quality products, services and solutions worldwide with customers in over 150 countries.
Theyre looking for an experienced Maintenance professional to join their team on weekly shifts in the following pattern: Mornings, Afternoons, Morning, Afternoons, Nights (Nights once every 5 weeks).
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, as Maintenance Technician youll work as part of a team providing effective and efficient support to all plant and ancillary equipment and facilities. Your day to day duties will include:
- Undertake preventative and corrective maintenance routines, including hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, electrical and chemical systems attached to production and non-production equipment.
- Undertake work in accordance with plant procedures such as Operator Description Sheets and Isolation Procedures for regular work including chemical safety critical tasks and activities involving safety barriers.
- Complete and abide by the company Permit to Work systems and contractor management procedures.
- Assist in the installation of new equipment.
- Undertake reactive maintenance including fault finding, and corrective action during production hours.
- Work with the engineering team to operate an effective Reliability Centred Maintenance system looking at repeat and potential failures and build effective strategies to increase mean time between failures and reduce mean time to repair.
- Participate in multi-discipline problems solving teams to advance manufacturing processes, and quality improvements.
- Maintain accurate records of works orders completed and further work required, maintain spares and stock accuracy by booking out parts used via the companys software solution.
- Support, train, mentor and develop manufacturing team members to implement Autonomous maintenance.
- Maintain a safe working environment and comply with the Companys H&S Policy.
- Carry out any task as deemed within their capabilities if necessary safety precautions observed.
- Train and coach co-team members as required.
- Undertake training as deemed necessary by the business to enhance or increase own capabilities.
The successful Maintenance Technician should have the following skill & experience:
- Time Served Apprenticeship, with an appropriate craft or technical qualification, level 3, HNC or equivalent.
- Experience in a similar Maintenance role within automotive manufacturing.
- Ideally have 18th edition certification.
- A working knowledge of Siemens S7 / Tia PLCs and Fanuc robot controllers would be desirable.
- Experience in fabrication and ability to weld using MIG / TIG and Arc equipment would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of engineering principles together with reasonable numeracy & literacy, appropriate to the level of the role.
- Able to effectively and efficiently work to tight deadlines
- Youll ideally be electrical bias with some mechanical knowledge.
- Familiar with and experience of operating under a Permit to Work system.
- Some working experience with plant safety equipment would be highly advantageous.
- Demonstrate initiative in delivery plant improvement activity.
- Systematic approach to problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work alone and with low levels of supervision.
- Team player with a cohesive and flexible attitude in supporting business needs.
- Capable IT user. MFG Pro and/or SAP would be advantageous.
- Used to handling toxic chemicals, performing work wearing PPE & Respiratory Protection Equipment, Cartridge masks.
- Excellent competitive salary
- Shift allowance
- Additional shift allowance for night shifts
- 34 days holiday including stats
- Pension contribution
- On-site facilities including car park and canteen
- Access to employee discounts via My Staff Shop App
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Employee Wellbeing programme
- Weekly shifts: Mornings, Afternoons, Morning, Afternoons, Nights (Nights 1 week in 5)
Wednesbury, West Midlands – commutable from Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Dudley, Walsall, West Bromwich, Oldbury, Cannock, Sutton Coldfield, Brierley Hill, Lichfield, Stourbridge etc
Excellent salary + shift allowance + benefits
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQ1MzA4OTI2MS18LTE0NS18LTcw