Our client are a well established Heathrow freight forwarding agent who have an exciting new role available based out of their Slough Contract Logistics Centre for a Logistics Engineer
Job Title: Logistics Process Engineer
Division: Contract Logistics
Level: Senior Management
Reports to: Director, Process & Engineering – Contract Logistics
Location: Slough (there is flexibility with the location; UK, Germany, Rotterdam)
Overview: The Logistics Processes Engineer is a corporate level position.
- Supporting applying logistics modelling techniques to address issues such as operational process improvement or facility design and layout.
- Supporting with new client implementations throughout the network
- Quoting new business and projects for the network
- Supporting the evaluating of effectiveness of current logistics processes and help designing processes that streamline the operation and lead to efficiencies and cost savings in the facility.
- Supporting the evaluating of process flow and layout of operations; designing and implementing facility layout and processes that lead to increase in productivity, quality, and cost savings for the operation.
- Providing logistics technology or information for effective and efficient support of client operation
- Evaluating the use of warehousing software or other IT systems and tools to maximize facility efficiency.
- Supporting developing logistics metrics, analysis tools, or key performance indicators to measure business performance.
- Supporting analyzing logistics data involving customer service, forecasting, procurement, transportation, or warehousing.
- Preparing documentation on logistics data reporting and management information systems.
- Conducting logistics studies or analyses, such as time studies, rate analyses, or flow-path analyses
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in logistics engineer or logistician capacity, including logistics systems and process evaluation and design, analysis, and reporting
- Strong knowledge and understanding of technology
- Degree in logistics management or logistics engineering
- Technical certification related to logistics and technology
- Experience in Power BI
- Advanced Excel knowledge
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQxMzE1NTc4NC18LTE0NS18LTU=