LGV Driver Coach
I am currently looking for an experience LGV Driver Coach for my global metal recycling client in Newmarket!
Some of the duties as a Coach are;
* Assisting the Transport Manager maintain compliance, excellent safety standards and driving standards.
* Assessing / Coaching drivers in use of vehicles, equipment and all aspects of daily duties
* Completing written assessment reports and recommending follow up actions.
* Deliver classroom presentations on Highway Code, Drivers hours, Safe Loading , Health & Safety, and working time directive rules and regulations etc
* Driving vehicles as ‘back up’ driver where required
* Keep up to date with developments in training i.e. reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses
* Carrying out customer site surveys as required by the Transport Manager
The ideal candidate
* Previous experience in driver training / coaching would be a decided advantage
* Essential to this position is your LGV C or C+E licence and a 12 month incident free record.
* Valid Driver CPC
* Desirable qualifications would be LGV Driver Assessor Certificate, DSA (Driver Standards Agency) LGV Instructor Certificate, SAFED (Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving), OLAT training, IOSH Supervising Safely.
* Capability to use IT systems including Excel and power-point presentations required
* Understanding of vehicle fuel use and driver behaviours that influence mpg
* Capability to review and update T2 Training
* Ability to carry out a vehicle defect check for the appropriate class of vehicle
* A self motivated individual who demonstrates a pro active approach and can work to stringent time lines.
* Understanding of tachograph rules and working time directive
This company can offer great career progression and support throughout your employment.
If you think you fit the above criteria please apply now for immediate consideration