Lecturer – Games Programming, Web Development, Content Creation
SAE Institute, Liverpool
Fixed Term Contract (January – September 2024)
24 hours per week (0.6 FTE)
SAE Institute was founded in 1976 and is a globally operating higher education provider focused on creating a talent pipeline for the creative media industries. The SAE network of campuses spans over 28 countries on six continents with more than 40 campuses. SAE Institute in Europe is part of the AD Education group of companies, delivering industry-focused creative education to more than 32,000 students.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and engaging lecturer with a background in games programming/web development/ content creation who can deliver across this range of programmes. The ability to supervise and guide students through individualised final projects at level 5 and 6 is especially desirable.
- Deliver and facilitate learning through a variety of engaging methods of pedagogy.
- Enhance students’ learning experience and outcomes through focussed talks, and delivery of lesson plans and course material as required.
- Providing timely and useful feedback to students to challenge their thinking and ensure understanding.
- Effective, consistent, and timely marking of assessments.
- Creation and preparation of module content and resources, which achieve the module learning outcomes.
- Master’s degree in a related field, or Hons degree and a PG Cert Education/HEA Membership (leading to a qualification with demonstrable evidence of satisfactory progress), and/or significant industry experience.
- Relevant industry experience in games programming/development pipeline and relevant software, specialisms including Unity or Unreal and C# or C++.
- Possess outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, be highly organised and possess good time management skills.
- Demonstrated student service orientation.
- Willingness to pursue professional development opportunities.
- Full working rights for work in the UK. This role is fully based on campus.
- Teaching experience, including the creation of session plans and preparation of materials.
- Specialisms including game engines, graphics programming, A.I., game optimisation, mobile development (Android &/or Swift), VR & AR, software development production, or other games development topics.
- Proven ability to create and build on industry links.
- Experience in project-based learning, using flipped teaching techniques and other contemporary forms of facilitating learning.
- Experience in using technology in learning, including virtual learning platforms.
- Ability to teach across other disciplines, including web, games, and content creation.
Full details about this position is outlined in the Job Description. Please submit any enquiries via email to . Please state Application: Lecturer: Games Programming, Content Creation, Web Development in the email title.
We regret that due to the volume of the applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQ1Mzc0NTQ2NS18LTE0NS18LTcw