Learning Mentor – Justteachers Limited
Justteachers is currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed Learning Mentor to work within one of our partner Special Education Needs (SEN) schools in Knutsford. This position is to start in September 2022 and will be for the full academic year with the opportunity to turn permanent.
The working hours for this school are 8.30 – 4pm. This role specialises in working with primary and secondary ages pupils with social and emotional mental health (SEMH) and attention deficit disorder (ADHD). The role offers an exciting opportunity to join a lovely SEN school with excellent facilities and a supportive leadership team.
The successful candidate will have but not essential experience working with children in a SEN, school or nursery setting. You may also have experience working with children or adults with complex needs in a care setting.
Not only will this be an excellent opportunity for someone seeking a new exciting role you may also be looking to change your career from working with adults to children.
The school is a warm, friendly and inclusive SEN school which is at the heart of a diverse community.
You will have:
· Teaching assistant level 1,2 or 3, Health and social care qualification or equivalent (But not essential)
· Experience working with adults or children with complex or SEN needs within the last two years e.g Care Home, Residential Care Home, SEMH School or Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
· Are passionate about the development and learning of students with Social and Emotional Mental Health and want to make a difference
· Work well with teachers as part of a professional team, supporting students with SEMH
· Be willing to build relationships with learners and understand what is behind the behaviour
· Able to work as part of a team and support the ethos of a school
In return, Justteachers offers:
· Competitive pay rates
· No timesheets
· Weekly pay
· Free safeguarding
· A dedicated specialist consultant to support you and your needs
· On going support and development
If you are a Teaching Assistant or Support Worker looking for a new challenge, please apply below, or call us now on 0161 850 0310.
Job Type: Temporary contract
Salary: £64.00-£80.00 per day
* Day shift
£64.00 to £80.00
This job was originally posted as: https://uk.whatjobs.com/coopob__cpl___1919_2003678__1685?utm_source=1685&utm_medium=feed&keyword=Learning-Mentor&location=Knutsford