Lead Technical Analyst (Data Centre) – Hybrid
Cambridge or Chelmsford
37 hours per week (Hybrid)
A fantastic opportunity for a Lead Technical Analyst (Data Centre and Cloud Operations) to work for a vibrant, modern and forward-thinking University. With ambitious plans and a digital vision into the future of using cutting edge technology.
* As the Lead Technical Analyst, you will schedule and supervise maintenance activities.
* Manage a suite of infrastructure resources including the systems, servers, storage, software, applications, databases and data that comprise the information and communications technology (ICT) services.
* As the Lead Technical Analyst, you will fulfil the role of technical lead on large-scale operational activities and projects.
* Monitor the capacity and performance of assigned ICT services and evaluate and recommend changes to existing systems, products and solutions.
* As the Lead Technical Analyst, you will coordinate the technical response to major incidents and large-scale problems for your area.
* Relevant degree and proven experience within Data Centre and Cloud Operations is essential / Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate in an appropriate discipline, will consider part-qualified / ITIL Foundation certification
* Extensive experience of managing a medium scaled enterprise datacentre environment, including provider liaison and management
* Substantial experience of managing Storage Area Networks and fabrics
* Practical experience of corporate-scaled system virtualisation in either a private or public cloud
* Experience of developing support systems, processes and procedures
* Experience leading, managing and motivating a team
* Extensive knowledge of installing, managing and performance-tuning of two or more of the following: Microsoft server operating systems and Active Directory; Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure; Microsoft Standard Query Language (SQL) database services; Data centre virtualisation and management in a corporate environment
* A Postgraduate qualification or professional qualification in a related technical discipline, chartered where appropriate
* Certified qualification in commercial-scale data centre virtualisation environment
* Microsoft Solutions Expert in an appropriate discipline
* ITIL Practitioner certification
* Practical experience of one or more of the following: Experience of managing cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solutions; interfacing private and public cloud systems and services in a hybrid data centre environment; Architectural compliance and transitioning solutions to into operational environments; Change and quality management principles and techniques; Previous experience of working in a Higher Education environment; Hewlett Packard server hardware and associated technologies; Hitachi Data Systems network storage solutions; Nutanix server and virtualisation technologies
* Domain Name Server (DNS) implementation and management / Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol configuration and management
* Enterprise architecture principles
* Configuration Management / Service Level Management
* Risk management and impact assessment
* Palo Alto firewall administration / Solarwinds monitoring tools
* Systems Centre Operations Manager monitoring tools
* Datacentre virtualisation using VMware Horizon View and VSphere
* Hybrid working after training period /29 days holidays + bank holidays
* Excellent pension scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Health and wellbeing programmes
* Training and professional development