IT Project Manager – Big Data
IT Project Manager – Big Data
Maidstone, Kent (Initially home based due to Covid restrictions)
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
Our client is a market leading data consultancy based in Maidstone. We are seeking to employ a Project Manager, to deliver specific IT related projects. This will be a fixed term contract initially for 6 months with a possible extension by a further 3 months. The role will initially be home based due to Covid restrictions, but the candidate should live within a reasonable distance of Maidstone.
The candidate must have significant experience working as a Project Manager delivering IT projects within an Agile development environment. More specifically their experience should involve IT projects heavily reliant on volumes of data. They will have experience in working with stakeholders to capture and define requirements and conveying those requirements to development.
The candidate will be an innovative and enthusiastic, self-motivated individual. The successful candidate will be used to working at a high level with clients, be able to multi-task and deliver complex projects with multiple stakeholders, be a self-starter able to cope with seeing a project through from inception to completion.
As Project Manager, you will be highly IT literate and be able to translate client business requirements into detailed briefs, produce business specifications and provide innovative and functional solutions to business challenges. You will be responsible for ensuring that the projects are successfully delivered on time.
Working with a team of web developers and database managers, you will be responsible for all aspects of the projects delivery and deal efficiently with queries and bespoke Client requests. It is essential that you are able to work alone dealing with all aspects of the project.
• Deliver all aspects of the project documentation including attending, managing and minuting meetings.
• You will have experience of writing operations manuals and other project documentation.
• You will be expected to develop and maintain a strong relationship with the client teams.
• You will ensure that all requirements of stakeholders are captured, refined and amended and provide the development team with a prioritised list of items that need delivering.
Key elements of the role:
• Setting up and managing projects
• Attending and running regular meetings with clients.
• Review business requests and assist in determining their viability.
• Translating client business requirements into key deliverables.
• Documenting all aspects of the project including operations manuals.
• Act as a member of the Scrum Team and provide a point of contact for development to stakeholders.
• Support the release process by distributing information relating to new releases
• Ensuring adequate documentation is generated to support the upcoming development releases.
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidates must have received formal training in the following:
• Microsoft products including advanced Excel, Access and Power point.
• Formal project management training.
• Advance presentation skills.
• Working with project management software.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Demonstrable experience of dealing with end users and understanding their requirements.
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle within an Agile Scrum framework.
• A track record of managing multiple requests and strong examples showcasing planning and organisational skills.
• Experienced in Microsoft’s Office solution (including Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Possess the ability to authoritatively run a meeting containing multiple stakeholders and ensure the business requirements are met